RC Racer

revo transmission

two questions is the transmission gears metal in the stock tranny, if not is it suggested to upgrade these, also is it possible to make a third gear?

RC Qualifier
    The stock Revo is plastic gears. The only time i hear others suggesting to upgrade to steel gears is when a big block is getting installed. I have My revo low geared, big tires and steel drivelines and cvd's, HD slipper and alum clutch. I think as long as the slipper has a good adjustment on it stripping gears shouldnt be a issue. As for a 3rd gear that would be awesome lol. But i dont ever recall reading or seeing about a 3rd gear in a Revo.
    "You just got passed by a Traxxas"

RC Racer
    I assume there wud be a ton of custom fabrication for it, the only thing i could thing of maybe converting the reverse to a foward

RC Qualifier
    if you could figure that out make sure you copyright and patent it lol. With a 3rd gear i could probably get pretty close to the lap times of the late model stock cars at the local dirt track. Its a 1/3 oval mile with 15 degree 80ft wide turns with a outlaw cart track in the middle. Had my camera not been stolen i had some cool video running my revo around the tracks.
    "You just got passed by a Traxxas"

Snook Man built a three speed T-Maxx tranny and provided a write-up and video of it. Search for it in the T-Maxx forum.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    alright thanks double G and will do nv desert rat