Thread: Paddles

Paddles

Hey, I was just wondering, would it be worth my time to try and tape my paddles before I mount them? Or would that only hinder the performance of the tire?

Thanks.
    "Gone racing"

Quote Originally Posted by SlashMaxx4x4 View Post
    Hey, I was just wondering, would it be worth my time to try and tape my paddles before I mount them? Or would that only hinder the performance of the tire?

Thanks.
    Taping is done to help control ballooning for high speed runs! It would help if you provided more info! What motor, ESC, battery, gearing, surface you plan on running on, and the speed you are trying to reach. Under normal conditions, its not needed! With that info, someone with more experience with speed runs could give you a better answer!
    1997 White Mustang Cobra its not a RC!

I have the slingshots on my Sl2sh taped, glad I did! Currently mounting some 2.8 Sand paws on Revolver 3.2's for my Sl4sh and those will also be taped.
    Seek forgiveness, not permission

Caveat lector!

Quote Originally Posted by Whitecobra View Post
    Taping is done to help control ballooning for high speed runs! It would help if you provided more info! What motor, ESC, battery, gearing, surface you plan on running on, and the speed you are trying to reach. Under normal conditions, its not needed! With that info, someone with more experience with speed runs could give you a better answer!
    Obviously, since they are paddles, I won't be going for speed runs and will be running on loose material. I disagree, I tape all my tires and find that it helps with ballooning, even if they aren't street tires designed for speed.

Thanks Spanner, I ended up taping them, glad I did too, they still balloon a little even with the tape!
    "Gone racing"