RC poster

Need helpful suggestions please!!

I have a Revo 2.5r, it comes with a 6v power pack to power all the servos'. Problem is that the battery only lasts maybe 5 to 10 minutes before it dies, also it doesnt provide enough power to even make the dual servos turn the wheels. So after seeing this i purchased a new one thinking the battery had just gone bad, but even with a brand new power pak it still does the same thing, lasts 5-10 minutes then the servos start twitching and are barely responsive, any responses on a possible problem are much appreciated!!

RC Qualifier
    have you checked to ensure you servos are not fighting against each other which would draw power this is a case of removing the servos horns and refitting? to be honest I dont rate traxxas batteries I have 5 but now they just sit in the box redundant they are only 1100/1300mah so dont have much charge.

Im now using a battery cage and 4xAA's last better.

RC Enthusiast
    If you have high torque servos i would disconnect one,that would double the battery life...and not that big of a drop in performance of the servo.

RC poster
    they arent fighting each other as they all move in the correct directions and they are the standard traxxas servos. also the battery i bought is an after market six cell as well not the traxxas battery, something is definintly draining it in minutes just dont know what still.

RC Qualifier
    I dont mean moving in differant directions, if your servo horns are not set correctly, your servos may be not getting to the correct resting point.. Ie straight forward. one or both servos may be pushing against the other trying to get to centre

you could go to a single servo set up but it requires a high torque metal geared servo like a hitec 945mg

not the stock traxxas servos
    Last edited by RevoDeano; 04-08-2013 at 04:19 PM.

RC poster
    i fixed the problem by going to a single Hi-Tec servo and i bypassed the opti drive and plugged everything directly into the reciever, but now a bigger problem arised when i was running it around it wont shift into second, its never had a problem shifting before but now it wont.

RC Qualifier
    you havent moved yout throttle or trim or adjusted anyting on the truck to effect it? you litterally just removed the servoe and went single servo?

either the RPMs are not getting high enough or you may have worn the secondary clutch arm, I adjusted my gear shift point incorrectly last outing and ruined the little arm on the secondary cluch in the tranny... this could be as simple as adjusting your tune or shiftpoint or you may have to take out the tranny and check the second gear clutch, look at the end of the arm and make sure its not worn..mine had and therefore wouldnt catch onto the gear.

is the truck going slower than normal in 1st gear?
    Last edited by RevoDeano; 04-09-2013 at 10:21 AM.