RC Enthusiast

Slash 4x4 with rx8 and redline t8 2650kv

Hello all new here and have a question about the purchase I just made. What is the best way to gear for speed with 3s and 4s batteries for speed? Also how do this motor do n comparison to the stock motor? Can I run 2s on this motor for bashing?
    Thanks noob here

RC Champion
    I run that combo in mine, I have mine geared 23/50 and run it mostly on 3s, it geta 55mph. It will run 2s but you will miss the punch that the 3s has and gets 35mph. Ive run it on 4s once and didnt have enough room to wind it out. If you try to accelrate too hard it becomes incontrollable on 4s. It cant be compared to stock. Not even close to being apples for apples. First analogy that comes to mind is blown big block hemi in a dodge neon. You will need to upgrade you drivetrain and shafts as it will snap the stock shafts like twigs.

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for the reply sounds like I am going to be very happy with my setup. I am running slash ultimate LGC. When I purchased the motor I also purchased the MIP's to replace stock setup. Also ordered Kings Head motor mount. What other upgrades for this could you suggest? I am looking for this thing to be nuts, but also to be on bad *** car that can do whatever I want with. First month into hobby since old days of running my Grasshopper Rc back in earlie 80's. This is my second slash this month gave my other to my son so I could go nuts with this build.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    axis chassis brace can save your chassis from snapping in half, you might wanna put that on your "to buy list". GTR shocks are also a good upgrade.
    humay has left the building, peace.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabone View Post
    First month into hobby since old days of running my Grasshopper Rc back in earlie 80's. .
    now, that brings back memories for me too!

thanks for making me feel old as s*&% !

RC Qualifier

Awesome setup, you will love it. Tighten up the slipper or go to the larger E Revo slipper...

RC Champion
    In TRCE chassis