RC poster

oilly fluid on outter rear diff area.

hey there im new here....just got a new stampede few weeks ago.....after driving yesterday....noticed some oil spray or leak on rear diff where u have the bearing with blue seal ..think number 5119. does anyone now why or whats leaking....

Welcome to the fourms! Don't worry, it's normal for some grease to leak out like that. It's coming from inside the diff, and it slowly leaks out threw the bearing. Don't worry, it can't hurt anything. The bearing is fine also, just make sure you wipe the grease off, or else dirt and crud will stick to it. Hope this helps!
    My life is busy, but I'm still lurking! 24 RC's

RC poster
    So as long as you keep it clean it is not a problem? What if all the grease eventually comes out?
    Stampede 4x4 VXL
    E-REVO

So as long as you keep it clean it is not a problem? What if all the grease eventually comes out?
    Ya, as long as you keep it clean all should be well. Yes, after awhile the grease will get low, and you should clean out the old grease and re fill it with fresh grease.
    My life is busy, but I'm still lurking! 24 RC's

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Fill it with diff oil, not grease. There is a big difference in performance.

It should not really leak out and cause a big wet spot though. Check the diff seals, and if there is more oil inside the diff bulkhead, there could be a problem with the diff o-ring.
    Last edited by rag6; 12-11-2013 at 03:08 AM.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Fill it with diff oil, not grease. There is a big difference in performance.

It should not really leak out and cause a big wet spot though. Check the diff seals, and if there is more oil inside the diff bulkhead, there could be a problem with the diff o-ring.
    You only want diff oil inside the actual diff cup with the spider gears. It shouldn't leak from there. It's sealed with bearings and a gasket.

You should have grease on the ring/pinion.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2
    Using while stupid may cause serious injury.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    exactly 8)
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC poster
    To carry on with the Diff oil/ grease idea... Whats a good all around bashing viscosity for the rear? 10k 100k 500k? And what grease do you like on the ring and pinion, is white lithium ok?

RC Qualifier
    30k weight in rear, 50k weight if front is the most common suggest viscosity for the diffs on the the P4de. Although tune to your liking. The thicker the oil the less slip in diff. What ever grease you like on the ring and pinion. White lithium is good. I use basic packing grease for 1:1's. Some use marine grease.
    The message above or below may or may not be true

I am with hirschowl on the 50 front and 30 back because its a good balance on all surfaces dude.....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!