RC Racer

First run on proline chassis. (review)

Well I just got back from the track and ran 2 battery runs with it. It took some time to get up to speed with the new Savox servo I bought and the new chassis made the truck REAL tight.

PROS: Handled great, real tight. Proline shocks handled the consecutive jumps real well!. No body roll and flipping unless you take turn way to fast.

CONS: After 3 laps around the track and couple large jumps the double sided tape you have to use to hold the ESC down gave out and it fell out of the truck. I dont like that they didnt make a mounting spot for the ESC that came with screw holes. So grabbing a quick zip strip I was able to get back underway

RC Competitor
    Most expensive part of the truck, and it's fastened with tape. LAME!!!

RC Racer
    For the money I spent on the chassis I think they could have done a better job with the ESC mounting. BUT I think the way it handles outweighs that little problem.

RC Qualifier
    I just used some Velcro lol. It holds really well and I can remove it when I want and put it on my sc10. Where did you put your receiver?
    2wd slash, PL LCG, CC 3800, Powerstrokes, S6040

Good to know,I just remounted my esc on my outlaw chassis with Velcro,and have been a bit concerned.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Racer
    My reciever is tucked under the ESC with double side tape but also with the battery box holder pressing against it. Thats not going anywhere!. Im about to head to the hardware store and get some velcro now!

RC Qualifier
    good to know about the esc. So why did you go with this chassis over the Anza or the slice>? It looks similar to the Anza. I am considering the proline chassis because I have a lot of proline parts and fear they may not jive with other chassis as well as the proline... from experience proline works well with proline and not so much other aftermarket mfgers
    'Life is for living, not living uptight'

I have to agree with that,but it also seems like pro line is making more little mistakes then ever,like not making a prominent place for one of the most important parts of your truck.
    I run the extra light out law lcg chassis,probably not one of the best,but I have bin very impressed with it's versatility,and strength.
    Not to mention all the different choices on mounting just about everything.
    Even tho power strokes are my favorite shock,and I am quite fond of the pro track system,and their bead locks. But like you said with pro line tires,with other brands they can be a pain..
    I'm about to make one more of my three lcg,But I am looking toward the slice right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by RallySoob View Post
    good to know about the esc. So why did you go with this chassis over the Anza or the slice>? It looks similar to the Anza. I am considering the proline chassis because I have a lot of proline parts and fear they may not jive with other chassis as well as the proline... from experience proline works well with proline and not so much other aftermarket mfgers

RC Racer
    Honestly I went with proline because I have been a fan of them. I did see a video on youtube before I bought it saying that there wasnt a place to bolt down the ESC but I like the looks of it, and its an EXTREAMLY light aluminum. If I had to rate the chassis I would give it 8 of 10. The ESC mounting is the ONLY flaw I have found.

RC Qualifier
    Try the Parma clear servo tape. It's really strong stuff that you can remove without leaving any residue. My big 120a ESC is taped into my violent basher and doesn't budge no matter how hard I crash.

RC Qualifier
    I've put in over 30 packs on my PL chassis and to give everyone a heads up on esc mounting and receiver mounting I would put the esc on the mount like the directions state. However I learned and talked to others on the receiver under the esc that it is bad to have one right under or next to each other. I suggest putting the receiver below the servo. Move the battery post (the front one near the servo back) and putting the receiver in between the battery post and servo. I can take pictures of my setup if need be.

The only reason I say this is because the esc and the RX both give off frequencies that don't gel well together and it can damage your RX. I learned this last week and posted it here in the forums.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDonJuan View Post
    I've put in over 30 packs on my PL chassis and to give everyone a heads up on esc mounting and receiver mounting I would put the esc on the mount like the directions state. However I learned and talked to others on the receiver under the esc that it is bad to have one right under or next to each other. I suggest putting the receiver below the servo. Move the battery post (the front one near the servo back) and putting the receiver in between the battery post and servo. I can take pictures of my setup if need be.

The only reason I say this is because the esc and the RX both give off frequencies that don't gel well together and it can damage your RX. I learned this last week and posted it here in the forums.

I tried to serperate them but my ESC has a shorter cord to it and wont reach the reciever if I put it twords the front of the truck.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by NewSlashOwner View Post
    I tried to serperate them but my ESC has a shorter cord to it and wont reach the reciever if I put it twords the front of the truck.
    I have one of these http://www.amainhobbies.com/advanced...ervo+extension

Just find the length you need and tuck the cable to the side of the body and use zip ties to hold it in place.

RC Racer
    Thanks for the site. Just curious if you could show some pics of your setup??? Would like to see what others have done.

RC Qualifier

On the last picture you can see the front post is on the back holes. So the battery is mounted as far back as possible

RC Racer
    What steering bellcrank setup is that??? Im still running stock ESC and reciever but I will be moving the reciever up front like yours.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by NewSlashOwner View Post
    What steering bellcrank setup is that??? Im still running stock ESC and reciever but I will be moving the reciever up front like yours.
    Its the stock bellcrank....is yours different? I'm going aluminum bellcranks this week.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDonJuan View Post
    Its the stock bellcrank....is yours different? I'm going aluminum bellcranks this week.

Mine is stock also, but for some reason yours looked different in the pics.

Definatly recommend the STRC bellcranks. nice chassis. But honestly, being a P2de owner, were not used to a place to mount the ESC either... Just alittle spot to stick it on with double sided servo tape, or Industrial Strength Velcro. Also that looks like it has more room than the Losi 22 for an ESC. That thing only has room for a Tekin RS.
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

STRC,make's great parts,in fact I just ordered a green aluminum bulk head,to go with my new traxxas blue aluminum steering bell crank.
    For some darn reason I have had bad luck with strc bell cranks,I know I don't run servo savers but i have had two strc bc's fail,both times the tie arm has cracked,traxxas,never a problem.
    I am not knocking strc,they are one of the best aftermarket company's out there,In fact I thought it had to be my fault,but I go with traxxas as far as bell cranks.