RC Competitor

Replacement arms for Traxxas Eagle??

Anyone know where to get some or anyone know if any of the new model a arms will fit onto a Traxxas?

I have a set of aluminum front a-arms for a rustler/stampede but I notice they are too long. Anything else fit?

Thanks for the help.

Also, anyone know where to get wheels to fit the Eagle?
    Last edited by cooleocool; 01-22-2013 at 06:42 PM. Reason: post merge

RC Champion
    sledge, hawk, rad, and bullet arms are all the same as well as those on the original eagle. once and a blue moon the rpm versions for the front and rear come up on ebay, only downside is they are super flexible, seen them bend before the shock compresses if your setup hard enough.

rc10 worlds length arms can be made to fit (and the rpm and andy's versions too) and you can go to the black versions of the blue eagle ls arms and get the durability, wider stance, and use nitro rusty c blocks and steering knuckles. never personally broken a blue eagle arm however when you eliminate that weak point you then move on to the bulkhead and then you have to fab front a tie-bar to re-enforce the bulk.
    FieroMan121|SPC LiPo powered|Vintage TRX collector

RC Competitor
    Thanks bro. That's the answer I'm looking for. I just needed to know all the models or after market arms that'll fit to search for some on eBay. Just put my Eagle back together after it'd been sitting for probably 10 years. Used the brushed set up out of my stampede when I upgraded it to the VXL. figured my 4 year old can run it because the stampede and my rustler are now too fast for him but of course he accidentally slammed it into a wall and snapped the left front arm right in half. So I'm searching for a replacement.

Thanks again for all the info!

RC Champion
    You can mount the newer arms but you need longer links, possibly drive shafts, a tie bar and some spacers for the front arms. I was able to mount the Pro-Line Pro-Trac arms on my Blue Eagle with ease. You can even use the Pro-Trac front tower with a little slotting of the mounting holes.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by ReaperGN View Post
    You can mount the newer arms but you need longer links, possibly drive shafts, a tie bar and some spacers for the front arms. I was able to mount the Pro-Line Pro-Trac arms on my Blue Eagle with ease. You can even use the Pro-Trac front tower with a little slotting of the mounting holes.
    Yea, I was thinking I could do that but I don't want to change out too much just yet. Just want my kid to have some fun with it while I blast around with my Rustler and Stampede's

I ended up finding the front A-Arms for a bullet on Ebay and bought them. Quick fix when they get here and we'll be up and running again.

Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by SRTracer121 View Post
    sledge, hawk, rad, and bullet arms are all the same as well as those on the original eagle. once and a blue moon the rpm versions for the front and rear come up on ebay, only downside is they are super flexible, seen them bend before the shock compresses if your setup hard enough.
    Are you sure about the Eagle arms? I thought the Eagle used the same arms as the Blue Eagle (1931). Then the LS and LS-II used 1931R, which were the same aside from one extra shock mounting position. Been awhile though, so I can't really say for sure.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by harry697 View Post
    Are you sure about the Eagle arms? I thought the Eagle used the same arms as the Blue Eagle (1931). Then the LS and LS-II used 1931R, which were the same aside from one extra shock mounting position. Been awhile though, so I can't really say for sure.
    I checked closely the photos from the ones I bought on eBay and the ones on my eagle and they are identical. Hopefully they're the sane demensions.

Quote Originally Posted by Thisistank View Post
    I checked closely the photos from the ones I bought on eBay and the ones on my eagle and they are identical. Hopefully they're the sane demensions.
    Do you have the Eagle or Blue Eagle? According to Traxxas, they're the same for both trucks either way. 1931 is the part number and they've been getting really scarce lately. The TRX-1 uses the same front arms too and I had a hard time finding replacements. Eventually found a couple pair in black. I still have a pair that are NIP if you're interested.

RC Competitor
    Do you have the Eagle or Blue Eagle? According to Traxxas, they're the same for both trucks either way. 1931 is the part number and they've been getting really scarce lately. The TRX-1 uses the same front arms too and I had a hard time finding replacements. Eventually found a couple pair in black. I still have a pair that are NIP if you're interested.
    I have the eagle (I'm pretty sure). What was the difference between the two anyway?

And thanks for the offer, I'll let you know if I need them. I did find a set in eBay, only 12 bucks so it was worth a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Thisistank View Post
    I have the eagle (I'm pretty sure). What was the difference between the two anyway?

And thanks for the offer, I'll let you know if I need them. I did find a set in eBay, only 12 bucks so it was worth a shot.
    The Eagle has the older trans with three external gears (pinion included). The Blue Eagle has just a pinion and spur for external gears. Aside from that, the most obvious differences are that the Blue Eagle has all blue anodized aluminum parts like shocks, motor guard, and motor mount plate. The Eagle has gold shocks and either black or gold motor plate. Also, the Blue Eagle has bell crank steering and the Eagle has the tie rods attached straight to the servo saver.

RC Competitor
    The Eagle has the older trans with three external gears (pinion included). The Blue Eagle has just a pinion and spur for external gears. Aside from that, the most obvious differences are that the Blue Eagle has all blue anodized aluminum parts like shocks, motor guard, and motor mount plate. The Eagle has gold shocks and either black or gold motor plate. Also, the Blue Eagle has bell crank steering and the Eagle has the tie rods attached straight to the servo saver.
    Always wondered the difference. And yes, I definately have the eagle then.

RC Competitor
    OK, plan B...The Bullet arms are too short. I guess I'll get some after market ones. Anyone have suggestions on aftermarket ones that will fit?

RC Competitor
    Just in case anyone is lying awake at night wondering about this - I ended up installing the bullet arms that were shorter. Purchased a set of rustler stabilizer arms and installed those. It was actually more work than I thought and I noticed the newer Traxxas models (my rustler and stampede) are WAAAAY easier to work on. The install brought the front wheels in a bit which I actually like (looks better than them sticking out like before).

I also put the brushed motor set up out of my stampede after I upgraded it to the VXL. now I'm thinking about rebuilding the rear axles so I can run newer style rims/tires.

By the way, anyone have an extra gear house cover? Lost mine somewhere along the line.