Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Steering Servo

  1. #1
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    7

    Steering Servo

    I have a T-maxx Nitro 2.5 with the 4-AA Battery Pack on board and am having trouble with the steering servo not having enough strength to turn the wheels while sitting on the ground....I have relpaced the batteries and the servo and still does not work properly....Help.....

  2. #2
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Latitude:N 37 15' 47.0002" Longitude:W 115 47' 34.8713"
    Posts
    2,435
    get yourself a savox servo they have them at amainhobbies for $40, or get a cheaper one at hobbypartz still good servos... also you can get more strength out of your servos if you go to a 5-cell humpack...
    Traxxas is good, but so are other Manus

  3. #3
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    566
    What did you replace it with? The reason I ask is because I upgraded my 2055 to a 2075 and am a little disappointed in this very thing. Now when my hump is fully charged it does well, but as it wears down, you can tell. I do have the wider tires on it though so that might be it. It does great when it's rolling, but sitting still, a little weak to me.

  4. #4
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    7
    I used the 2075 myself and not much difference at all...New batteries...Still the same... will try a stronger servo and used a better battery pack and see what happens.....Thanks for the help....

  5. #5
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    7
    Thanks for the help...

  6. #6
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Latitude:N 37 15' 47.0002" Longitude:W 115 47' 34.8713"
    Posts
    2,435
    put the 2075 on the throttle and get you a metal geared high torque on the steering..
    Traxxas is good, but so are other Manus

  7. #7
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    566
    Quote Originally Posted by kuskye25 View Post
    put the 2075 on the throttle and get you a metal geared high torque on the steering..
    Good idea for the future. Thanks.

  8. #8
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Wildman4910's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Cocoa Florida
    Posts
    4,362
    If you guys are running the older on the servo, servo saver you do know they can wear out and cause spongy steering.
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

    LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

  9. #9
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    566
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildman4910 View Post
    If you guys are running the older on the servo, servo saver you do know they can wear out and cause spongy steering.
    I read the spring can get weak lets the servo saver turn from servo pressure inside without turning the outside. When I clipped that tree and smashed a wheel, it was what probably saved a brand new servo. So for now I'm leaving it.

  10. #10
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    7
    Thanks guys for all the advice have it up and doing what I want...........Changed the servo and battery pack works great now.....

  11. #11
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Snook Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Sugar Hill Ga.
    Posts
    8,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldrcguy View Post
    I read the spring can get weak lets the servo saver turn from servo pressure inside without turning the outside. When I clipped that tree and smashed a wheel, it was what probably saved a brand new servo. So for now I'm leaving it.
    Or maybe, with a good working saver you might not have clipped the tree.
    No slipper/tall gearing/power = broken parts.

  12. #12
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
    I have a T-maxx Nitro 2.5 with the 4-AA Battery Pack on board and am having trouble with the steering servo not having enough strength to turn the wheels while sitting on the ground....I have relpaced the batteries and the servo and still does not work properly....Help.....
    Hi, I run a Savox 2274SG with a CC 10amp BEC to power the servo straight off my Lipo batteries. Let me tell you I can turn the wheels with all my weight pushing down on the truck. I also use sticky trenches as tyres so this servo is quite strong to be able to turn those wheels under that heavy load. I run the servo at 7.4v which is programmed with my CC BEC via the Castle link. No glitching what so ever oh, I run this in my Stampede 4x4.

  13. #13
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Snook Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Sugar Hill Ga.
    Posts
    8,387
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackelaktor View Post
    Let me tell you I can turn the wheels with all my weight pushing down on the truck.
    That’s a nice servo, but if you can turn the wheels with all you weight on the front you must be very light weight or the servo saver is not working like it should or your running without a saver.
    I would have a look to see what’s up with it; even a $125.00 servo needs a working saver for insurance.
    No slipper/tall gearing/power = broken parts.

  14. #14
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by Snook Man View Post
    That’s a nice servo, but if you can turn the wheels with all you weight on the front you must be very light weight or the servo saver is not working like it should or your running without a saver.
    I would have a look to see what’s up with it; even a $125.00 servo needs a working saver for insurance.
    I run an STRC aluminium servo saver and I'll clarify what I meant by all my weight. I can fully load the car down by pressing down on the rollcage with a reasonable force (certainly not my full body weight) and the servo turns those wheels like nothing else. at 7.4v, this has 347oz of torque compared to the stock Traxxas 2075 servo at 125oz @ 6.0v. I run a heavy Pede so I wanted a super strong servo.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •