Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    I'm currently waiting for stock diff casings to arrive, as i dont have any spares laying around, i need those to finalize my original drawings. After that i should be ready to 3D print, and with some luck i have the first aluminum cases next week

Hm, just checked my mailbox, my LHS didnt send the cases today.. i might just dissassemble my revo tomorrow, and just measure those. Also gives me a chance to check my rear diffs and do some standard maintenance, maybe add some shims.

RC Qualifier
    Last week i wanted to show the E-Revo to some family, so i connected the batteries, flipped the switch...
    ... Nothing...
    So changed to batteries to other batteries, still nothing..

So, i cut the wires to the switch, and connected the bare wires together, and the monster was back alive again. As with almost every mamba monster, the switch had died. Time to fix it:

Old switch

New switches, those are sealed as you can see and quite expensive, should last longer

Tinned the wires

Switch soldered

Some heatshrink to finish it

And all good again

Also had my custom diff cases 3d printed :

Checking the inner dimensions

Outer dimensions, printed in 2 parts (holes for the screws are missing here, forgot them)

Trying the fitment

The cases only need a little tweaking, i expect to have my first on out of aluminum before the end of the week

RC Qualifier

RC Qualifier
    Got some sleeving on my ESC and motor wires. Looks great (better in person actually) and protects well . Its tinned copper braided with black nylon. Very strong.

Used different colors of heat shrink for the motor wire so i know which wire goes where.
    Also ordered some black normal sleeving for the servo/receiver/telemetry wires.

sometimes it is the small touches that really set your truck apart from others.....
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

Quote Originally Posted by 87 GN View Post
    sometimes it is the small touches that really set your truck apart from others.....
    So many nice touches, and yet your batteries have inferior, pirated (knockoff) connectors.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Competitor
    Pirated connectors????? Does Traxxas really care? Do they make like $1M off of connectors? How do you know they are inferior? They are "just" connectors..............

Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    So many nice touches, and yet your batteries have inferior, pirated (knockoff) connectors.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyBasher View Post
    Pirated connectors????? Does Traxxas really care? Do they make like $1M off of connectors? How do you know they are inferior? They are "just" connectors..............
    If you had a patent on a product and someone was making clone or knock offs of the product illegally would you care?

Isn't it a given that inexpensive knock off products are inferior to the original product?
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyBasher View Post
    I have received and tested numerous knock-off connectors, both Traxxas-type and Deans-type and in every case there were obvious visual and real performance differences when compared to the genuine connectors of the same type.
    Last edited by Jakey; 06-18-2013 at 10:35 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Yep, only the battery connectors probably are "knock-offs", ESC connectors are stock castle. But that's what came with the batteries. And yup, those batteries also are some of the cheaper batteries out there. But they perform fine. In europe you only have a few choices regarding batteries, the cheap batteries, gen's ace or the overpriced batteries. SPC batteries are nice, but shipping is way too high. I wanted to see what i like more 4S, or 6S and didnt want to buy expensive batteries before knowing that i'm going to use 4S or 6S.
    My next set of batteries will be gen's ace, now i know that 6S is the way to go for me . Do gen ace's batteries use genuine traxxas connectors?

But please, no more about the connectors .
    Last edited by WesleyK; 06-18-2013 at 11:58 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Where do I buy me some of that sexy braiding?