RC Qualifier

Wanted: Dewalt motor

Does anyone know of anywhere else that sells "plug & play" ready to go DeWalt motors, other than Kershaw Designs??

I placed an order for one from Kershaw Designs about a month ago and it never came. I did get a tracking number email and tracking said that it was sent and left the U.S on July 29th. Upon contacting Dan at Kershaw Designs he said that he had missed my order coming in and hadn't posted anything. So what the .... was the tracking details that he sent me?? He didn't answer me what this was, perhaps fake tracking details?
    Anyway, three weeks after ordering and paying for my items, I asked him where they were and this was his reply
    "For that order, yes I see it now. i must have missed it coming in. I'll make sure that goes out right away. Sorry about that delay. Dan Fischer"
    So you would think that he has admitted that he had messed up and hadn't actually posted anything yet (again what were those tracking details he sent me for?) but that he would post the items ASAP.
    So another few days go by and I haven't heard from Dan, nor had I received an email like previously saying that a package was posted to me and listing the tracking details. So I ask him if he has posted my items yet? He says that he has just refunded my purchase. I thank him for this and I ask if he has posted my items though? He replies "yes, did that late late week. did a tracking number reach you by email? Dan Fischer"
    No a tracking number did not reach me by email - why? Because again Dan did not post anything AGAIN!! What is this guy playing at? I responded and told him that I had not received a tracking number and could he please email it to me and he responds by saying that he refunded my purchase.
    I assume he is saying that he refunded my purchase and therefore hasn't and won't be sending anything??

So basically from my perspective, I bought and paid for the items on July 27th. He then sent me fake tracking details for nothing at all, kept my money for three weeks without sending anything before I contact him and he admits he missed my order and didn't post anything. He says he'll post it immediately, but again doesn't post anything, before eventually refunding my original purchase amount almost a month after my purchase. I am now back to the same position as I was a month ago, except he has had my money for a month.

I feel like I just got scammed by a Chinese eBay scammer who never had any intention of posting the items I purchased and paid for!

Like I said at the beginning - I am not, nor have I ever been rude, difficult or unreasonable in my dealings with Kershaw Designs. If it were me, and my company, I would have done anything, something, everything to compensate my customer for my many errors. All I would've wanted to make everything OK, to forget about all the mistakes and lies told by Dan, would have been for them to express post the items that I paid for to me ASAP. I didn't want or need a refund, I want the items that I ordered - that's why I ordered them!!!!

So all that being said.... does anyone know where I can buy the single motor conversion kit like KD sells, but from somewhere that will actually post me what I pay for???

Thanks

RC Qualifier
    Rant over!

Bash it like someone else is doing the wrenching!

So you want someone else to:
    1. Cut/split the pinion gear off the shaft;
    2. Cut/grind a flat in the shaft;
    3. Solder/crimp a wire onto each motor brush box;
    4. Solder/crimp a 4mmą bullet connector (or equivalent) onto said motor wire;
    5. Provide a mounting plate for easy motor attachment to the stock mount.

It isn't really all that hard to do yourself and from what I've seen of the KD materials and machining, you may be able to do it better.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = °

RC Qualifier
    I have done 4 Dewalt conversion kits with Kershaw. 3 for the Summits and one on an Emaxx. I found everything to be of high quality, everything fit perfectly. The shipping was fast and no problems. I have found Dan to be honest and very assessable by email. I do know he recently moved his location and is in the process of getting his shop/office constructed. Through that process I'm sure he had some problems keeping track of everything he has including your order. Not trying to be his home boy here just hope it was a one time deal. Sorry for your troubles, I don't know if this helps but if you search the forum for Dewalt conversion there are some threads on how to do it yourself. When I looked I didn't find anyone else that had a plug and play conversion like Kershaws.
    "Better Old and Devious than Young and Exuberant"

KD is the only plug and play for the DeWALT.

But, I was able to modify and install mine in less than an hour and a half... not including drying time for the paint.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Champion
    Yep it doesn't take that any length of time to do. The lengthy time is on the motor mount.
    Google search trumps Wiki. Refer to user guide.

RC Qualifier
    I'm unsure as to why you've had such a bad dealing with KD, I know my Dewalts took about 6-8 weeks to get here but there's nothing to say that was Dan's fault.. Like the others have posted it is quite easy to do yourself. Best of luck
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

RC Qualifier
    I have no idea why my experience with KD has been so bad!!

I mean initially he forgot to post my items - no biggy, everyone makes mistakes, but from there on he just kept making things worse.

Surely if you forget to post something for three weeks since your customer bought and paid for the items, you simply apologize and offer to express post the item for any inconvenience caused - problem solved, everyone is happy.

Instead Dan said he would post it immediately and then didn't even do that!! And then just randomly, without asking me, just refunds my purchase, doesn't send me anything and doesn't reply to my email.

Last time I had anything like this was when I got scammed by a fake Chinese eBay seller. And yet everyone says that KD and Dan is great. So yeah I am we'll confused and quite angry for the waste of my time for the past month!

Guess ill look up the "Dewalt How To" thread