RC Enthusiast

am i able to make my 4x4 slash into a 2wd?

hey guys i am wanting to get my truck to wheelie a bit is their a way to make it so only the rear wheels spin?

RC Champion
    Yes remove the centre drive shaft. Not sure you will get the desired results though. I've broken mine a few times and its more like being at 1/2 power. Hard on the motor too.

Isn't it hard to steer that way?

Wheelies with a 4s4 are dependent on battery power, traction, and to a lesser extent, gearing - not so much on number of wheels being driven.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    take out your center drive out. i personally would'nt do it though but, you can give it a try, let us know how its working for you.
    humay has left the building, peace.

RC Enthusiast
    ok thanks for the advise what battiere/gearing do you sugggest! i have great traction and am running a 2cell lipo

RC Enthusiast
    ok thanks for the advise what battiere/gearing do you sugggest! i have great traction and am running a 2cell lipo

RC Qualifier
    The traction isn't bad? I did this to a merv and the results were terrible
    You ain't bashin unless your crashin!!

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by eschmitt4 View Post
    i havent taken the drive shaft out. but i have good traction where i drive my 4s4 and i run a 2cell lipo but i dont get why it wont wheelie!!!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by eschmitt4 View Post
    dido on that merv. really bad at cornering.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

I forgot one other factor: slipper clutch. Slash 4x4s are designed to have all 4 tires on the ground so they can get around a track better. A loose slipper can save time in doing that by keeping the tires where they outta be. A locked slipper should enable you to wheelie with almost any gearing with a decent 2S battery. If you substitute a decent 3S battery you should have trouble keeping off the rear bumper.
    That said, wheelies are over-rated and can be pretty destructive to your equipment. Wheelies with a vehicle having a body (sail) the size of the Slash's too often end up in blow overs. Telling you how to achieve them is in no way to be understood that they are recommended or endorsed by this poster.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    take the front driveshafts too, its best if the front wheels are drag free.
    humay has left the building, peace.

RC Competitor
    Yeah don't forget to remove the front shafts too. Got bored one day and tried this on mine.

RC Qualifier
    I tried wheelies with my 5000mah 40c 2s lipo as 4x4 but it couldn't be achieved. I then tried with my friends badlands all around and I could easily wheelie! It was a lot of fun. The stock tires are no good for wheelies unless you put a monster system in there, but changed tires and a decent 2s batteries will get you wheelies (without removing anything so keeping it 4x4)!

RC Qualifier
    I did this a long time ago. The truck would just keep spinning out. I think it would better if you put thicker diff fluid in the rear.
    Traxxas gone bye bye!

RC Qualifier
    All you need to do is tighten the slipper clutch all the way and it will wheely on command