Thread: Help!!!

RC poster

Help!!!

Hi guys, Im new to the RC world, and i have a slash 2wd vxl. but there is a problem, the motor is absolutely
    destroyed. i need a new one, i use my slash mostly on asphalt and packed dirt, but go the other way every once in a while, i need to find a Good motor and ESC, that will provide we with the speed i want and the
    the power when i need it. Now i have found one motor that has not completely confused me, the Tekin
    redline sensored 7.5, i have not found a deffinate ESC. i have seen many videos and spent alot of time on
    you tube and Google searching for the answers, when i would like to just ask you guys and get direct
    answers. Hope you can help!

P.s. I want brushless and i dont have a lipo just yet, since i have only about 2 months experiance.

-Matt

RC Qualifier
    what happen to your vxl??

RC poster
    I dont really know, it just fails every time i use it, i have cleaned it and everything, it just cuts out, you can hear it when i
    drive it, it trys too hard then just gives out, the sound comes from the motor, so i dont see how it could be the esc.

RC Qualifier
    try the velineon rebuild kit it's like 15$, what gearing you running

RC poster
    i will redo all the gearing when i get a new motor, my gearing now is stock but with a slightly bigger pinion, sorry cant remember what i put in.

RC Qualifier
    the vxl system is a good combo but every1 has their opinions all I could say is try calibrating the esc or the rebuild kit, or just do what you want to originally do and get a new motor, if you do get a new esc motor combo what are you going to do w/ the vxl system

RC poster
    Actually Yeah thanks, that might do the trick!

RC Qualifier
    cool let me know what happens good luck!!

How are you adjusting your pinion and spur?
    Have you ever got the velineon really hot?
    I would start looking into the wiring from the esc to the rx.And put a volt meter on the esc to motor input wires. while raising and lowering the throttle.
    And unless you are crawling or need slow speed control,stay away from sensor-ed motors.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by billy-bones View Post
    How are you adjusting your pinion and spur?
    Have you ever got the velineon really hot?
    I would start looking into the wiring from the esc to the rx.And put a volt meter on the esc to motor input wires. while raising and lowering the throttle.
    And unless you are crawling or need slow speed control,stay away from sensor-ed motors.
    I just picked up a sc10 and used my friends sensor-ed setup its way smoother. A non sensored is like an on and off switch the sensor helps even out the power band and it allows for more throttle control.
    2wd slash, PL LCG, CC 3800, Powerstrokes, S6040

That's what their for,i just don't like sensor-ed motors,I think on off switch is a bit of an extreme but in the long run,having used them both,I prefer the unsensored.
    Hope it work's well for ya.
    Good luck.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by billy-bones View Post
    That's what their for,i just don't like sensor-ed motors,I think on off switch is a bit of an extreme but in the long run,having used them both,I prefer the unsensored.
    Hope it work's well for ya.
    Good luck.
    I like both. And both do really well I guess I need more time with both to see what I truly like. But the good ol cc 3800 is a beast on my track I take every start just on the torque I have to pull away lol
    2wd slash, PL LCG, CC 3800, Powerstrokes, S6040

RC poster
    Hey, its fixxed Thank you for mentioning the kit!

RC Qualifier
    what did you do to fix it

He probable had a bad bearing in it,then when XR mention the rebuild kit he got one.