Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Rouleau, aka "Dog River", Saskatchewan, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by doubletapdaddy View Post
    My wife thought that my Outerwears shroud was a pair of ladie's undergarments when she saw it on the table. It is attractive once installed:
    Lol, that's funny! So it's an Underwears shroud then? Haha. Well man, your truck is anything but a panty! The new paint job on the C10 is primo and you got yourself one mean truck! Nice build. 👍

Sent from Baldy's iPad using your wireless signal. Thanks!

P2DE(S) - P4DE - EMAXX - FUNNY CAR - MERV
    Never trust an "Atom", they make up everything.

That truck is the mutts nuts dude a fine monster truck and almost to nice to bash......peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Racer
    Thanks for the kind words guys. Although I took pics yesterday, I wanted to allow the paint to cure for one more day prior to outdoor use. Batteries are charging right now. I'm taking it the park this afternoon, but I must admit... it's so pretty that I'm afraid to drive it. LOL
    Someone stole my signature.

RC Qualifier
    That's why I subscribe to the two body method. One for the shelf painted up real nice and one for the bash normally a solid color.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jayblazer View Post
    That's why I subscribe to the two body method. One for the shelf painted up real nice and one for the bash normally a solid color.
    I'm planning on painting another body sometime in the next month or so... I will really take my time on this one since it will be the shelf aka "Display" body.
    I want an avatar... 3000 posts here we go!

I have a display 1950s chevy but soon it will be bashed because i want to do another body i have lots of ideas but not cash as all ways.....peace

RC Qualifier
    Any running videos doubletapdaddy? Would definitely love to see them.

Anyways, I'm still looking for the right motor. Either the tenshock SC401 V2 3400kv, or Castle 2400kv, (Blue can for me). Your video can really help me narrow my choice.

Thanks!
    Last edited by stampede_fanatic; 03-17-2013 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Corrected typos

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    Finally finished 2.8 Trenchers/3.2 Revolvers. Of course, trimming the tires was easy. The pile of black bands in the pic are the sections of bead that were trimmed from the tires. The wheels however...
    Didn't know if you read my 3.2 mod thread but ya, the wheels are the tough part. I use a set of body shears to remove the bulk of the bead. Then I grab an x-acto knife to finely smooth the edge to a even and flat surface all the way to the edge. I find it easy to go to deep with a dermal and that takes away from the nice even, round finish in the end. You know, just before I senfmd it up, over and through every known surface destroying all the fine edge work on the rims lol. I laughed pretty hard at your "emotional roller coaster" too.
    Nice build! This truck looks magnificent!
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

If cash is not a problem go castle 2400kv dude its everyone favorite....peace

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    If cash is not a problem go castle 2400kv dude its everyone favorite....peace
    Yeah, the castle 2400kv is the way to go if your not on a budget. I've been reading a lot of good things about them as well in other foums.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by thedreadedend View Post
    Didn't know if you read my 3.2 mod thread but ya, the wheels are the tough part. I use a set of body shears to remove the bulk of the bead. Then I grab an x-acto knife to finely smooth the edge to a even and flat surface all the way to the edge. I find it easy to go to deep with a dermal and that takes away from the nice even, round finish in the end. You know, just before I senfmd it up, over and through every known surface destroying all the fine edge work on the rims lol. I laughed pretty hard at your "emotional roller coaster" too.
    Nice build! This truck looks magnificent!
    Your thread was the reason that I was inspired to do a 2.8/3.2 mod. Props and thank you. I tried the curved scissors and xacto as you described. I even snapped the blade at an angle, but I just couldn't get the hang of it. In the end, I was successful using my Dremel with 60 and 120 grit sanding barrels, followed by a good xacto blade scrape to smooth the edge. Took me about 15 minutes per wheel though.

Those tires and wheels look sweet, nice job. When I mount trenchers on 3.2's I trim the tires but not the wheels. It is a little tricky to glue them onto the wheels, but now that I've done so many it's just routine now. I'll have to give this method a try one day soon.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldyDaniels View Post
    Those tires and wheels look sweet, nice job. When I mount trenchers on 3.2's I trim the tires but not the wheels. It is a little tricky to glue them onto the wheels, but now that I've done so many it's just routine now. I'll have to give this method a try one day soon.
    I was just considering your method. Do you tuck the tire as deep as you can into the "channel" full 90į so it comes straight up. Well, first butting the bead to the inner wall of the channel, then across to the outer, tuck it into the corner?

RC Racer
    Acquired a pre-bashed P4de for my 6 y/o. Came with all electronics , two batteries, and two useless wall chargers. Required shocks and front bulkhead; also replaced all A-arms. Had all parts left over from roller takeoff, except bulkhead. Beefed up the body with d.wall tape/s.goo. Wheels came with one stripped hub, so I also added STRC 12mm Al hexes, then glued up some Mashers onto black chrome Desperados. We had a great weekend.

Always nice to have some fun with kids, sharing the same passion. Sadly the little 13yr old devil here in the house sold his cars for a lousy iPad.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Petertje60 View Post
    Always nice to have some fun with kids, sharing the same passion. Sadly the little 13yr old devil here in the house sold his cars for a lousy iPad.
    Sorry for your loss.

Thats cool that you hooked up your kid with a sweet truck my 10 year old daughter drives my pede and micro brushless sct and my 15 month old son is already car and truck mad but my 8 year old daughter said she will only drive it if i do a all pink body for the pede.......peace

Sorry for your loss.
    Lol. It's ok. Saves me wrenching time and money for replacement parts

Until the ipad goes mental that would be expensive....peace

Until the ipad goes mental that would be expensive....peace
    In that case it will be 100% his problem

Tough love i like it and a good way to teach them that money does not grow on trees......peace

RC Racer
    So my wife goes trail bashing with us yesterday, which ended with good news/bad news.

Bad news: My wife commandeers my P4de for a good 30 min.
    Good news: She now wants me to build her a P4de. Will go Tekno driveshafts this time just to try them out. Ordered a roller from the Bay, as well as a Futaba 3PM-X. Haven't decided on ESC/Motor yet though.

Bad News: Racing my wife around a makeshift course at a local park. Me driving my built P4de, my wife driving our 6 y/o's stocker (pictured above). I'm clearly winning... until my P4de slides through a fresh pile of dog poop, resulting in a full throttle pole hit and my first broken part - front Pro-Line ProTrac suspension arm at the suspension pin pass through.
    Good News: I had already purchased several replacements for my parts bin.

Just to recap-
    Bad news: I slid through dog poo, resulting in mild carnage.
    Great news: My wife is still groovy after all these years. Well... not THAT many years.
    Last edited by doubletapdaddy; 03-18-2013 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Cause I can.

What an entertaining and crazy day you had dude my wife has no time for my pede she thinks i am a kid and she is so on the money i am peter pan yo...peace

RC Racer
    What an entertaining and crazy day you had dude my wife has no time for my pede she thinks i am a kid and she is so on the money i am peter pan yo...peace
    Yeah, my wife thinks that I am a man-child. However, my toys are very cool.

Yeah man i hear you my wife got funny to night because i got to near her face with my QR-1 and she said to her friend she has four kids ont three.....peace its 12:47am i am of to neverland lol

RC Qualifier
    My wife hates hates hates mine. She doesn't mind when I buy parts but she goes nuts when I buy a car..lol.
    But I love the time my son and I spend together working on them and bashing..

Quote Originally Posted by Petertje60 View Post
    So he gave up r/c's to play Angry Birds? That just ain't right! 😱What does a 13yr old want with an iPad anyways? Must be a status thing. Lol And just think, when Apple drops ios support for his iPad in a year or so (if he got the newest one) it'll make a sweet paperweight just like my iPad 1.

@doubletapdaddy, that's a sweet p4de you got for your lil guy! My 6 year old son has been running an E-Maxx on 4s lipo for nearly 2 years now. gotta love bashing with the boy!

Quote Originally Posted by thedreadedend View Post
    I was just considering your method. Do you tuck the tire as deep as you can into the "channel" full 90į so it comes straight up. Well, first butting the bead to the inner wall of the channel, then across to the outer, tuck it into the corner?
    Correct. This is where precise trimming of the bead is necessary because it ends up being the bottom edge of the sidewall that gets glued to the outer wall of the bead channel on the wheel. The tire needs to be trimmed so that it's a tight fit to the wheel, otherwise it's a very long process of gluing in sections while waiting for each section to dry before moving on to the next.

I just re-read your question and my answer and I am absolutely sure that you and I are the only ones who are going to understand what this post says. Lol. I guess I should probably make a video when I do my next set.

Lol. There are more people who understand things of making tires fit to weird wheels
    My lazyness always warns me when I see things which either you or dread do. Always great work and always demanding more time or effort that I can or want to put in it

And yeah, it is some sort of status thing. I nag him as much as possible when I have a free app on my Android machine which costs money on iOS. Funny thing is that he also owns an Android smartphone. More reasons for more nagging.

RC Qualifier
    doubletapdaddy,
    We need to see videos of your truck running.

I'm leaning towards getting a castle 2400kv motor now.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by stampede_fanatic View Post
    doubletapdaddy,
    We need to see videos of your truck running.

I'm leaning towards getting a castle 2400kv motor now.
    I don't do videos. With all the things that I have on my plate, editing videos is not a high priority. I can tell you that I am very happy with the 1415-2400kv. Obviously my experience is very limited though.

I keep saying that i am going to make a vid but with three kids and after school clubs i find time very short in the day especially being peter pan and all that.....peace

RC Racer
    Me too. Work, followed by children's tennis lessons, guitar lessons, general fathering duties, and specific husband duties ... You obviously know the drill.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldyDaniels View Post
    Correct. This is where precise trimming of the bead is necessary because it ends up being the bottom edge of the sidewall that gets glued to the outer wall of the bead channel on the wheel. The tire needs to be trimmed so that it's a tight fit to the wheel, otherwise it's a very long process of gluing in sections while waiting for each section to dry before moving on to the next.

I just re-read your question and my answer and I am absolutely sure that you and I are the only ones who are going to understand what this post says. Lol. I guess I should probably make a video when I do my next set.

Its a turrets think! -Nuff-sed-

RC Qualifier
    Its all good guys. I've finally settled for the castle 2400kv.

doubletapdaddy,
    I understand your situation. Now worries.

spenniepoos,
    No rush on the vid. Take your time man.

It would still be nice to see vids of your trucks though.

Me too. Work, followed by children's tennis lessons, guitar lessons, general fathering duties, and specific husband duties ... You obviously know the drill.
    Yeah its non stop some days i am glad you understand some of my mates have no kids and they dont have a clue how nuts it can be at all bro......peace

Quote Originally Posted by stampede_fanatic View Post
    Its all good guys. I've finally settled for the castle 2400kv.

doubletapdaddy,
    I understand your situation. Now worries.

spenniepoos,
    No rush on the vid. Take your time man.

It would still be nice to see vids of your trucks though.
    I will get round to doing a vid soon because the kids are off for two weeks because its easter hols and my ten year old tells me i need to make a vid and not watch them on youtube.......peace

Dude i am stoked that you went for the castle 2400kv you will LOVE it big time ............peace

RC Racer
    Dude i am stoked that you went for the castle 2400kv you will LOVE it big time ............peace
    +1
    Also highly recommend the CC Field Link.

RC Racer
    Update: Finally got around to servicing my P4de following the broken suspension arm. Found that the motor mount pivot arm had decided to come loose (actually completely off) of the King Headz motor mount. Easy fix with red threadlock. Pieces just sitting in the trayÖ canít believe that I didnít lose them.

Also decided to replace the HPI pins (86094) with more robust Traxxas pins (5145) to secure my MIP shafts (rather than using dual grub screws). The Traxxas pins were a little long, so I took a little off of the end. Left is HPI, Middle is modified Traxxas, Right is unmodified Traxxas.