RC Qualifier

Will this cheaper alternative work?

I currently have tekno driveshafts installed on the rears of my pede. The problem here is that I still run the plastic wheel hexes that came with the tekno driveshafts. I want to upgrade the plastic wheel hexes to aluminum ones. Btw, here is what I have on the rears: http://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr6852p...oline-protrac/

Here are the aluminum hexes that Tekno sells. Too expensive in my opinion and it's 2 pairs. I only need a pair for the rears:
    http://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr1654x...d-ae-sc10-4x4/

The Tekno driveshafts have 6mm stub axles. My question is, can these CHEAPER alternative from ebay work:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-FACTORY-...item2327ab1293

If the aluminum hexes from ebay does not work, does anyone know any cheaper alternative besides the Tekno aluminum hexes?

Thanks in advance guys!

RC Racer
    I would look at hot racing or maybe strc I forgot where I got mine but they ok I just don't like that the pin don't snap into it so the whole thing comes off and the pin comes out but I think some come with a grub screw I really should have gotten that kind but I thought they were all he same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisfoster View Post
    I would look at hot racing or maybe strc
    Would definitely look at hot racing. Saw some strc on ebay, but I wanted to get a real cheap alternative.

Thanks man!

RC Qualifier
    I have the tekno aluminum hex but not using them. Not sure your reason for wanting aluminum but either way,I would just CA glue the plastic hex into your wheels. Solves all the issues with the undersized 12mm hex. Also, I don't think anyone else makes a 6mm x 12mm hex other than tekno. If you have a drill press, you can probably drill out a standard 5mm hex and save some money.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter33 View Post
    I have the tekno aluminum hex but not using them. Not sure your reason for wanting aluminum but either way,I would just CA glue the plastic hex into your wheels. Solves all the issues with the undersized 12mm hex.
    Willing to part the tekno alum axles? I just need a pair.

Let me know. PM me man!

RC Qualifier
    Ha, I rarely get rid of parts. Seriously though, why do you want aluminum hexes?

RC Qualifier
    Ha, I rarely get rid of parts. Seriously though, why do you want aluminum hexes?
    I already purchased a lot of the plastic hexes because they get stripped and get stuck on the rear wheels after a good bashing with 3s.

Whenever I wanted to clean the wheels, I really find it so difficult in removing the plastic hexes. Anyways, I have extra talons lying around and wanted to see if aluminum hexes would fix that problem since they are sharper on the edges. This prevents stripping from happening to the hex on the wheels.

RC Qualifier
    Aluminum strips the wheel hex even easier. Keeping the wheel nuts tight is what prevents stripping. 12mm is just too small for these trucks, especially if you have a larger motor, 3S+ and/or high grip tires like Trenchers. That's why you see people looking for 17mm wheels. I have found it impossible to strip a wheel or hex if it's glued in. Definitely try aluminum if you think it will help your situation, but it's very inexpensive to just glue in a plastic hex and be done with it.

RC Qualifier
    The plastics hex's that come with the Tekno's are really poor. Much worse than the stock Traxxas plastic. I immediately had problems with the wheels slipping. Bought the Ally Tekon Hex and fine since.

Just make sure you get good aluminium hexs with non rounded edges or they will strip the inside of the wheel or upgrade to 17mm.....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Aluminum strips the wheel hex even easier. Keeping the wheel nuts tight is what prevents stripping. 12mm is just too small for these trucks, especially if you have a larger motor, 3S+ and/or high grip tires like Trenchers. That's why you see people looking for 17mm wheels. I have found it impossible to strip a wheel or hex if it's glued in. Definitely try aluminum if you think it will help your situation, but it's very inexpensive to just glue in a plastic hex and be done with it.
    I plan to use 17mm hubs in the near future.

I might just have to try gluing the plastic hex on the wheels. If that gets stripped, I'll go for the aluminum hex's (cheap ones) with the extra talons that I have.

Quote Originally Posted by o0wiz0o View Post
    The plastics hex's that come with the Tekno's are really poor. Much worse than the stock Traxxas plastic. I immediately had problems with the wheels slipping. Bought the Ally Tekon Hex and fine since.
    Yes, you are right. The hex's that came with the Tekno's are really really poor. They always pop off the pin.

Hopefully Slaughter33 will sell me a pair of his Alum Tekno Hex's since he is not using them.

Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    Just make sure you get good aluminium hexs with non rounded edges or they will strip the inside of the wheel or upgrade to 17mm.....peace
    Yup! The MIP alum hex's were like that before (rounded hex's). That created a problem and MIP replaced them for free.