RC poster

Vintage 1989 Traxxas Hawk 2810 (RTR)

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum and need some advice. I have an old 1989 TRAXXAS Hawk 2810 (RTR) that I actually bought brand new in 1990, but has been in storage for over 20 years. Its in almost brand new condition other than not having the original box and I used some of the original decals.
    I would like to keep this truck and play with it a bit.
    I'm mostly into foamie RC planes these days, but want to start bringing my old truck with me out when I fly. Does anyone on here have any good knowledge of these old trucks and could anyone recommend any upgrades that would actually be available 20 years later?
    It seems that finding parts or potential upgrades for this old truck may be near impossible, but I wanted to ask. Any advice at all would be appreciated.
    Thanks!
    Brandon

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by rb_weaver View Post
    I'm mostly into foamie RC planes these days
    Welcome! Glad to know I'm not the only airplane guy on the forums... I can't suggest any upgrades to your Hawk, but there's some spare parts you'll probably need on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40

Some pictures would be great!!
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Enthusiast
    I restored my hawk a couple years ago. It took me 3 years to find all the parts to restore it. One thing I couldn't find was the original hawk2 decal sheet. I did however fine the wheels and tires all brand new from a hobby store in England. I paid out the nose for them but that's the price you pay when you restore a 20 year old truck lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Thanks guys. I don't really need any rebuild parts at this point as everything is in excellent condition on the truck. It would be cool to find whatever replacement parts I can on eBay or something just to have on hand. The shocks need oil, but that's about it for now. I'll clean the dust off of it and post some pictures in the vintage photo gallery in the next few days.
    Thanks again!