RC Competitor

Suspension upgrade!

I am using 100wt oil in my stock shocks with black 2.22 springs and after a good run they have just started leaking. Are these a good idea and can they handle 100wt oil and black springs?

If there's some better options out there please let me know. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    Traxxas E-Revo Brushless 1/8
    2x2s 40c LiPos 24/54

RC Qualifier
    No, they will leak too, go for HR shock bodies
    http://www.liquidrc.com/index.php?ma...ducts_id=61834

RC Competitor
    Wow you really saved me there buddy. The ones I posted above are expensive and wouldn't solve my problem.

I've just bought them

Is there anything else that would make my shocks better?
    Last edited by B3NNZ; 04-05-2013 at 05:37 AM.
    2x2s 40c LiPos 24/54

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by B3NNZ View Post
    Is there anything else that would make my shocks better?
    Yes. Use the O-rings and spacers from the stock shock and add one HR O-ring to each shock. It will be tight, but it won't leak.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by GReaper View Post
    Yes. Use the O-rings and spacers from the stock shock and add one HR O-ring to each shock. It will be tight, but it won't leak.
    So the 100wt oil and black springs will be fine?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    2x2s 40c LiPos 24/54

RC Racer
    hey hey fellow Kiwi.

just for a bit of info, my aluminium gtr shocks have never leaked since i bought them late 2011.

also, B3NNZ, hobby city in mt wellington auckland now stock the entire merv range parts, although they are expensive, sometimes its worth it if you don't want to wait a month on shipping

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaas View Post
    hey hey fellow Kiwi.

just for a bit of info, my aluminium gtr shocks have never leaked since i bought them late 2011.

also, B3NNZ, hobby city in mt wellington auckland now stock the entire merv range parts, although they are expensive, sometimes its worth it if you don't want to wait a month on shipping
    Another aucklander here, I found out that traxxasmodels.co.nz store all there parts at hobby city, so they just grab what they need...
    Still expensive though!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonda View Post
    Another aucklander here, I found out that traxxasmodels.co.nz store all there parts at hobby city, so they just grab what they need...
    Still expensive though!
    although i would phone ahead and ask the staff to get whatever you need before you go, they seem to take forever to find anything lol.

where abouts do you bash? i'm struggling to find a place in central auckland without having a bunch of kids with good looking mothers asking if they can have a try.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaas View Post
    although i would phone ahead and ask the staff to get whatever you need before you go, they seem to take forever to find anything lol.

where abouts do you bash? i'm struggling to find a place in central auckland without having a bunch of kids with good looking mothers asking if they can have a try.
    I haven't found anything central, except for Cornwall park but they're not the biggest fans of nitro vehicles... But its big so you can always fond a quiet corner. Only other place I go at the moment is Lloyd elsmore park which has a Bmx track, and a something interesting in the corner which I'll check next time I'm there?

RC Racer
    I have the traxxas shock bodies with TiN shafts with 40wt oil and double black (slash) springs and it handles like a dream!
    How do you "Slash" without a sword?