Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    A couple more body off. Yeah I am curious on which would perform better. I was really close at getting myself a Gt2.

Traxxas gone bye bye!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    wow your really speeding things up. i like that body you got there i just wish they sell that body alone and not with the kit. what i'm i saying i cant even pull the trigger of buying the corvette body lol. anyway, i also got things done today. since i have my PF8 body i figure i do this one first 325mm wheelbase.

making the mark

spare chassis my guide for drilling holes

when i got the right measurement i found out that 2 holes happen to be lining up so, i use screw and locknut to keep it together

these are the holes to be drill, top chassis need to be flip over or it will be wrong.

holes drilled but 3 holes are wrong, thats why i mention to flip over the top chassis. with those 3 holes your steering servo is facing the other way.

ready to be cut.

chassis cut

center driveshaft cut

top brace cut

left/right diffuser cut

continue next post
    humay has left the building, peace.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    all together

finished

i thank someone from URC forum site for showing me his idea of how its done "Angus"

RC Qualifier
    Man, I know you like modifying your cars but I can't see why you took a perfectly fine XO-1 supercar and chopped it up! Basically you made a Fiero out of a Ferrari! The opposite of this: http://losangeles.ebayclassifieds.co...t/?ad=24609200
    XO-1 #4...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by bringit View Post
    Man, I know you like modifying your cars but I can't see why you took a perfectly fine XO-1 supercar and chopped it up! Basically you made a Fiero out of a Ferrari! The opposite of this: http://losangeles.ebayclassifieds.co...t/?ad=24609200
    I don't like the Xo1 body, also nobody races 1/7 scales, and finally you can get a new chassis and top brace off of ebay for $20.
    Traxxas gone bye bye!

RC Racer
    Why did you move the ESC ?? Also when the chassis is shorter where do you fit the batteries ?? How fast does it go now being lighter, shorter, and different body ??

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sierravmax View Post
    A couple more body off. Yeah I am curious on which would perform better. I was really close at getting myself a Gt2.

i looked back at your picture and it looks like you shortened it at the back......your not going to put a diffuser? i'm loving that ceptor body, man....looks real nice.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by XO-1 NUT View Post
    Why did you move the ESC ?? Also when the chassis is shorter where do you fit the batteries ?? How fast does it go now being lighter, shorter, and different body ??
    i have'nt run it yet. i have to move the ESC for the battery to fit on that side, i have a tekno batt tray. i'm not going for 100mph...i'm happy if i reach 75mph.

RC Qualifier
    I was not planning on running the diffuser. I don't even think it would work with the Ceptor body. It is really short in the back. It might work the Corvette body.
    Traxxas gone bye bye!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    i looked back at your picture and it looks like you shortened it at the back......your not going to put a diffuser? i'm loving that ceptor body, man....looks real nice.
    He cut the front of the chassis.
    Jeremy

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by ponie1992 View Post
    He cut the front of the chassis.
    what your seeing is the rally front bumper mount mounted at the rear

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I was not planning on running the diffuser. I don't even think it would work with the Ceptor body. It is really short in the back. It might work the Corvette body.
    you can trim the rear diffuser and have the body mount at the shock tower.

RC Qualifier
    My body is mounted at the shock tower already. I dont know if I want to go that far yet. This is sort of a trial for me.
    Traxxas gone bye bye!

RC Qualifier
    Yeah I have a spare rally front bumper. I was trying to find a way to use the existing holes in the rear of the body. So I used extra shock standoffs and bolted them to the body mount adapter. Then I drilled holes in the rally front bumper and bolted it all up upside down. It turned out pretty good and I was able to retain adjustable body mounts. I first had it all mocked up with Slash 4x4 body mounts but decided against it due to being non adjustable.
    Traxxas gone bye bye!

RC Qualifier
    i have'nt run it yet. i have to move the ESC for the battery to fit on that side, i have a tekno batt tray. i'm not going for 100mph...i'm happy if i reach 75mph.
    you put a big block with xl2 esc and slap 2 4s lipo with 34t gear , 100mph is so yesterday lol it will easily do 75mph on 6s with 34t pinion with 2200 motor , just need to watch for heat
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    no, i'm not looking for 100mph+. this is my parking lot basher, small and easy to manuever.

set-up is all done now,

RC Qualifier
    Looks great. Are you still planning a 360mm wheelbase? How different does it handle from your rally?
    Traxxas gone bye bye!

RC Champion
    what your seeing is the rally front bumper mount mounted at the rear
    I was referring to your picture lol. Sorry, didn't look to see who had posted.
    Jeremy

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Looks great. Are you still planning a 360mm wheelbase? How different does it handle from your rally?
    oh yes, i have another chassis coming up in the mail along with other parts. cant tell right now if it handle better than my Rally GT8. charging my lipo atm, will post a vid later on.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    did some body support to keep the body from moving around. front foam is from my rally and the rear is my spare xo-1.

heres a short run.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_5tB...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by humayrayakongkinaon; 03-10-2013 at 05:18 PM.

RC Qualifier
    So how does it handle when you floor it now? So are you going to end up with three of them?
    Traxxas gone bye bye!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    just like the Rally GT8 i have no problem gunning it from a rolling start, motor was very cool seems like i can bump up the pinion to 29t with no problem. i'll probably going to build a 360mm and sell my XO-1 body.

RC Qualifier
    That is interesting. I would of figured that the Xo1 would of been more stable going straight due to it being longer. I am wondering how my 360mm is going to handle. I just had to order 8mm castle bullets for my motor so I can attach it to the esc. One small detail that I missed and I could have drove it this weekend. What spur gear are you running and was that 6s in the video?
    Traxxas gone bye bye!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    thats what i thought too, maybe i'm missing something on my setting, i dont know. atleast i got to drive it as a 1/7 scale lol. i'm sure you'll have a blast with yours. i'm running the 46t spur with 20t pinion on 4s.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by bringit View Post
    I know the XO-1 is well built for what its for but, sometimes you got to mess around with it LOL. check out this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rkkrmINTpg
    i did the opposite in the RC world

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    here are some of my XO-1 goodies, few of them just got them in the mail. few more parts an i can build another one LOL.

RC Champion
    Those foam body supports is a great idea! I also like the thought of a 1/10 XO-1. I wonder if Traxxas will produce one. I would think that a 1/10 priced around $400-500 would sell a lot better than the current XO-1. I don't know much about the road course racing for RC cars, but what if Traxxas came up with an adjustable chassis so you could run the different lengths? I'm assuming classes are set up for different length chassis? There is a new indoor carpet track being built in my area and I'm thinking of getting a touring car or something of that nature to run there. What do you guys think?
    Jeremy

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    i doubt they'll make a 1/10 that fit a 190/200mm body. if they do, they'll make or bring back the 4-tec electric with updated version. a Rally on the other hand is a good start to build a onroad GT to compete with GTP.

RC Qualifier
    Those foam body supports is a great idea! I also like the thought of a 1/10 XO-1. I wonder if Traxxas will produce one. I would think that a 1/10 priced around $400-500 would sell a lot better than the current XO-1. I don't know much about the road course racing for RC cars, but what if Traxxas came up with an adjustable chassis so you could run the different lengths? I'm assuming classes are set up for different length chassis? There is a new indoor carpet track being built in my area and I'm thinking of getting a touring car or something of that nature to run there. What do you guys think?
    Really? Where is this going to be? I have been at a loss since the Plex closed down. I have been to Pit a couple times this past couple of months.
    Traxxas gone bye bye!

RC Qualifier
    i doubt they'll make a 1/10 that fit a 190/200mm body. if they do, they'll make or bring back the 4-tec electric with updated version. a Rally on the other hand is a good start to build a onroad GT to compete with GTP.
    Yeah and if they did do this I don't think they would sell that much of them. They're are so many options for 1/10 scale on road car out there already.
    Traxxas gone bye bye!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    i got another short speed run vid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5Qup...ature=youtu.be

Nice video mate...The XO looks like it flying .
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by MITCH316 View Post
    Nice video mate...The XO looks like it flying .
    thanks mate, i really like how it turns out and knowing it has the under tray diffuser it performs a whole lot better, motor was warm to the touch...... check the temp and it was 125*......, ESC was at 135*

RC Qualifier
    Nice video!

RC Champion
    Nice work humayrayakongkinaon! Very Clean.

RC Champion
    Really? Where is this going to be? I have been at a loss since the Plex closed down. I have been to Pit a couple times this past couple of months.
    It's called either Bush River Raceway or Old Bush River raceway. It's on Old Bush River Rd. Turn off of St. Andrews onto Old Bush River and it's just down on the left. Right next to a storage facility. If you get to the gas station on the right, you've gone too far. Russ Fox is one of the guys putting it together. He did a lot of work at the Plex. He said it will be set up for oval, road course and short coarse trucks. Should be pretty sweet and I can't wait for another place to race that's close by.
    Jeremy

RC Qualifier
    It's called either Bush River Raceway or Old Bush River raceway. It's on Old Bush River Rd. Turn off of St. Andrews onto Old Bush River and it's just down on the left. Right next to a storage facility. If you get to the gas station on the right, you've gone too far. Russ Fox is one of the guys putting it together. He did a lot of work at the Plex. He said it will be set up for oval, road course and short coarse trucks. Should be pretty sweet and I can't wait for another place to race that's close by.
    That is right down the road from me. I live off of St andrews.
    Traxxas gone bye bye!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by BL-Bob View Post
    Nice work humayrayakongkinaon! Very Clean.
    Thanks BL-Bob i'm glad you like i got another build coming up which is the 360mm wheelbase just like Sierravmax.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That is right down the road from me. I live off of St andrews.
    looks like you 2 can meet at the track and race each other lol. man, i would love to take mine at the track for test drive, its been a long time since i been into one hahahaha.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    since the time was been change we get extra daylight so i decided to strap my 2s together with the 4s 6s total and this is what i got.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HVqbpP5v1U

also took some pictures next to my Rally GT8 and did some speed run with it too, check it out!!!

heres the Rally GT8 speed run, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUWENmsmiVU
    Last edited by humayrayakongkinaon; 03-12-2013 at 09:53 PM.