RC Racer

stampede w/ mmp and 2400kv (gear and temp)

For you guys running the the MMP / 2400kv motor what are you running for gears and what are you getting for temps. What temps should I be shooting for ?

thanks
    Andrew
    Stampede 4x4 vxl w/ MMP/2400kv, Mini E-Revo

RC Qualifier
    The only temp I took was this winter, I can run non-stop with a 3s lipo and sand paw on the snow, which I think this can be harder than riding in tall grass. With a 13t pinion, esc and motor temperature is 125°F and never goes up 145°F (outside temperature: 40°F)
    Important to mention, I have a shroud cover.

RC Qualifier
    17/54 I ran 2 3s packs through it and the can was barely warm

RC Qualifier
    I can run mine like a maniac on 3s geared 17/54 and the highest I've seen is 145. Thats with out motor fan, and 50° outside. Haven't gone anywhere big enough to run a 4s pack hard. Its really overkill

RC Qualifier
    I can run mine like a maniac on 3s geared 17/54 and the highest I've seen is 145. Thats with out motor fan, and 50° outside. Haven't gone anywhere big enough to run a 4s pack hard. Its really overkill

RC Racer
    I was thinking of trying 4s is it really that crazy? running 3s now.
    Stampede 4x4 vxl w/ MMP/2400kv, Mini E-Revo

RC Qualifier
    I have a 4s lipo but only tried it once because it's winter here.
    I managed to reach the temp cut off of the MMP esc, but the condition were extreme. 17/54, shroud cover and sand paw on slush and deep snow. I think I can't find harder condition.
    Under the same condition, the 3s lipo is fine.
    I just should had used a 13t or 11t/54 gearing, because 87km/h in the snow is useless

RC Qualifier
    which 1/10th mmp are you guys talking about.i noticed there are like 3 different ones.well i just looked again there's 2 the extreme and the mmp sct and what 2400kv motor?

RC Qualifier
    Yea, 4s is really hard to control if you hammer the throttle. Don't be surprised if you strip a wheel hex. Glue alum wheel hexes in your rims, and lock tite your wheel nuts on.

RC Competitor
    Hmm I seem to be over geared compared to you guys. But I've never had a temp issue. I have it geared 20/54 on 3s and stock wheels and tires and after a 5000mah pack it's 160 tops and I drive it pretty hard. That's in just dirt and pavement though. If I'm going in grass or fields or anything I go down to 18/54

RC Qualifier
    I've got trencher tires on 17/54. Its what I had and it seems to work great, don't really want more top end. Stock tires have less traction and burn outs don't load the motor as much as traction. Thats my over thought guess. Its all personal preference until the motor lets the smoke out

RC Competitor
    Ehh. That could be why idk. Still wheelies like crazy. Ill have to re gear it now anyway I'm sure. I kept stripping wheel hexes so I got 17mm hexes and buggy wheels. Making it more of a Truggy so I'm sure that gearing won't work good anymore