RC poster

E-Z start swap question

I want to get a new Nitro Sport, but I think that I would like to replace the E-Z start system with a pull start. Is this/ should this be pretty easy to do. Also, is it a good idea to upgrade the drive shafts to aluminum/metal without changing anything else?

To change out the ez start for the pull start is easy. Take off the 3 bolts from the ez start ok the back of engine and use the one way bearing from the ez start for the pull start. Next use the bolts supplied with the pull start and mount it to engine. Remove ez start wires from truck and your set. With the pro.15 engine its not neccesary to upgrade drive shalfs if you had maybe the 2.5/3.3 the you might. Have you looked into the nitro rustler better truck than sport in many ways just a thought not trying to turn you away from the sport its a cool little truck.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC poster
    Thanks for the info, I have looked at the rustler and will likely go with it instead, but as of yet I am still undecided.

If you ever end up having drive shaft issues, I would just pick up some Jato half shafts and use the stock stub axles and diff outputs. All you have to do install the Jato half shafts is enlarge the holes in the stub axles and the diff outputs to accept the larger universal joint on the Jato half shafts.

I did this on my N-Stampede, and it's a great setup. Metal shafts, in my opinion, are not necessary.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Racer
    I put MIP solid steel drive axles on my Nitro Sport. Theyre meant for a Nitro Rustler but it dosnt matter because there is very little difference between the two trucks. The reason why I put the MIP drive shafts on is because the stock ones will twist/break under the torque of the 3.3 engine that I have in it. Very easy to install. I have a pic of my "3.3 Sporty" here in the forum.

Traxxas Nitro Sport w/ TRX 3.3 Racing Engine

RC poster
    hey whats the part number of the mip steel axles you put on the sport? I'd like to do this upgrade but I can't seem to find one that would fit...