Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Cool MITCH316 Rally build.

Well guys, I pulled the trigger today and bought a Rally roller of eBay...I've decided to join the RALLY crew and document my build as I go along .

I was going to build an eRevo GT but have shelved that project indefinitely for now after browsing the Rally forum over the past couple months...a rally looks like a whole lot of fun .

There are a few good build threads on the go here...lots of valuable information gathered. Thank you to all for sharing your build threads and taking the time to document as you go along. I like building, wrenching and customising my own rigs, I thought it would give it a go with a Rally.

I really like Humayray's Rally build...so that is what I am going for...a Rally GT build . I have taken a bit of info from all the build threads and this is what I am going to use for my build so far.

Aluminium shock towers front and rear.
    Aluminium steering bell crank.
    King Headz motor mount.
    Steel CVD's.
    Aluminium front C hubs and rear axle carriers.
    17mm Hubs.
    XO-1 Wheels...I bought 2 sets of fronts premounted, we'll see if they need to be taped was in use.
    PROTOform PF8-GT body.

This should get me going with a good kick off to my build once all parts start arriving.

I am still toying with the idea of using a Tekin RX 2000kv combo in this build...I've had this motor and ESC lying around for a few months now...or I may look at getting another MMM 2200kv combo. I plan on using MOD1 gearing...starting off with maybe 20/36.

I plan on running mainly 4s, maybe 5s...I am still undecided at the moment.

My other trucks I have are an eRevo, Summit and an eSlayer Pro 4x4...making the Rally build #4; I am not sure how I am going to explain this one to my wife again ...I'll figure something out.
    Last edited by craig.mitch316; 02-04-2013 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Added info.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    cheers mate,........your off to a new start lol. congrats on the purchase........ i'm sure your wife will understand
    humay has left the building, peace.

Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    cheers mate,........your off to a new start lol. congrats on the purchase........ i'm sure your wife will understand
    Cheers mate...she always come around after a while. I'm leaning towards another MMM 2200kv after watching your vids.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    My MMP/2800kv is somewhat OK but, that torque that i experienced with the 2200 is far beyond.

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Congrate dude!!! Can't wait to see this coming together. Post pics.....bunches of them. LOL
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    Congrats!
    and....what 17mm adapters are you going to run? do you want the wheels offset more, or will the xo wheels stick out farther then buggy wheels?

Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    Congrate dude!!! Can't wait to see this coming together. Post pics.....bunches of them. LOL
    Cheers mate, I will post plenty of pics...I've grabbed quite a bit of info from your build thread...I'm leaning towards the new MM2 as you suggested over the Tekin RX8 2000kv combo I have. The motors are almost the exact size.

I know that the MMM 2200kv is a beast in my eRevo .

Quote Originally Posted by JackSlash View Post
    Congrats!
    and....what 17mm adapters are you going to run? do you want the wheels offset more, or will the xo wheels stick out farther then buggy wheels?
    I am going to use the XO-1 adapters the same as Humayray...I've never seen the XO-1 wheels in person; all my shopping was done from my desk at work.

The front set of wheels are similar dimensions to buggy wheel specs and has a slight offset in the rim of about 5mm I'm guessing from the pics. I am going to run fronts on all 4's. I chose XO-1's wheels because they say they are rated for 118mph...I bought them premounted hoping to get away without taping them. We'll see how this goes as I don't plan on getting anywhere near that speed.

I'll be happy if my car reaches the mid 50's and will be a dedicated 4s street machine...maybe running 5s/6s on the odd occasion. I know Humayray said he flipped his car on 6s so I will be using with caution.
    Rock n Rolla !

Does anyone have suggestions for servo upgrade??

I have 2 brand new Savox servos at the moment which is an overkill for this rig...SA-1230SG and a SA-1231SG.

I am leaning towards one of these Savox servos...
    SC-1251MG which is a direct replacement of the stock servo where @ 6V = 125oz-in torque and is only 25.4mm high
    SC-1257TG @ 6V = 138.9oz-in torque and 37.2mm high
    SC-1258TG @ 6V = 166.6oz-in torque and 37.2mm high

My thinking is the SC-1258TG...any advice would be greatly appreciated .
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    i've always wanted to buy this one. 6v @ 222oz-in torque
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Savox-SC...item3a7df1c2c6

^^^yeah mate...that's a good servo and for the price its a steal.

I'm thinking of getting SC-1258TG. The specs are as follows:
    Dimensions(mm): 40.3x20.2x37.2
    Weight(g): 52.4
    Speed(@4.8V sec/60): .10
    Torque(@4.8V oz-in): 133.3
    Speed(@6.0V sec/60): .08
    Torque(@6.0V oz-in): 166.6
    Gear: Titanium & Aluminum
    Bearing: 2BB
    Case: Aluminum
    25 Tooth Spline

The stock servo is 125 oz-in so the SC-1258TG at 166.6 is already a big improvement and has lightning speed. The servo height is also what grabbed my attention been 37.2mm high as opposed to the stock servo height of 42.3mm.

I thought with looking at a bigger motor like the MMM 2200kv combo for this rig that 5mm difference in height may come in handy and not make the chassis look so cluttered .

Speaking of servos, how do you find the performance of your truck running stock servo with the extra weight from the motor and servo.

I am more excited about this build than all my other builds...and now the waiting game has begun .
    Rock n Rolla !