Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Why not use some vacuum hose from the auto parts store for the headers? It's cheap and black, and you could stuff it with some coat hanger wire to make it hold it's shape. Maybe use some heatshrink for the collector.

Speaking of Plastruct

" Dave uses Plastruct Butyl Coated wire.
    I use evergreen and plastruct styrene' "

http://www.thewebwheeler.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    I will look into that stuff guys. I am gonna use that tube that baldy linked, unless one of my lhs's has some in stock. Yes I am gonna use some type of wire in the fuel tube for shape.

Reaper, I will look into the thundertech setup, but the posts are just hanging in the air with no support at the bottom. I dont like it that way. A standard setup will work just fine, and will cut another couple of hours off the build. There are so many things to do to get to the end...

Here are some pics of the way I mounted the header plate:
    I cut off some of the body post from the summit rear posts.

I then trimmed them down:

Added the 12mm screws and cut the ends off:

Used my trusty body reamer to make holes in the motor heads so the screw heads have a place to lock into when I goo them on. Its hard to see the holes as my cam has a hard time focusing on shiny stuff:

Mounted and goo'd:
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Champion
    Older RC's with a flat chassis usually dont have upper supports for the bell crank and work well. With a plastic chassis it would not really work but with the stiffer materials it should work just fine. So if you get your hands on the parts give it a try.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Loot, that site is 90% static models. Can it hold up to 25mph cartwheels?

I bought 2.8 mashers. I dont want desparado's. Besides all stars, What do you guys like for 2.8 rims?

EDIT:
    Looks like with the traxxas style bead, there are only 2 options. Desparado and allstarz. That is a bummer. May have to talk to baldy to see if we could come up with something different...
    Last edited by rag6; 03-08-2013 at 10:07 PM.

RC Champion
    There are the 2.8 twin spokes off of the nitro Rustler/Stampede. You could also stretch the tires onto some 3.2's. And if you have any extra Imex 2.8's they will mount on 3.2's with ease.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

RC Qualifier
    Split spokes (Jato style), JConcepts Rulux, maybe modify a set of old PL 30 series? I think that you can still get Losi 320 series wheels, even though they have a conventional bead, maybe they could be modified.

Does anyone know if chrome desperados will take blue dye???

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Does anyone know if chrome desperados will take blue dye???
    They don't take dye to well of any cooler. Remember I tried to dye them black last summer?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by DiggerPede; 03-09-2013 at 06:42 PM.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Thanks. Wonder why proline only makes 1 2.8 traxxas wheel??? You would think a fresh design would sell better than the desps