RC poster

can anyone help me identify this model

it belongs to my friend i was wondering about what year is it, im not fimilar with older rc cars at all. also what is that servo throttle setup called and the thing with the white wires. Im sorry i sound horrible but i really dont have a clue what its called

My friends dad bought him this years ago. He was young and crashed it broke it than lost intrested and it has been sitting in his basement for a very long time. he brought it over to my house like 2 months ago to let me look at it. its been sitting here since i have been thinking of making a offer to him to buy it any clue on what its worth

also seeing how its a older stampede will newer parts fit on here something in the front suspension is broke and if i get to buy this i would like to fix it if i can find parts

Last edited by brak54; 02-05-2015 at 04:11 PM.

can anyone help me identify this model

It's a 3610 - Stampede 2WD with mechanical speed control (MSC), introduced in 1994.

See this thread.

Interesting spatula bumper.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 02-05-2015 at 10:42 PM.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    that thing with the white wires is the resitor for the speed control, it is basically how it cools itself off

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo74 View Post
    that thing with the white wires is the resitor for the speed control, it is basically how it cools itself off
    AKA finger fryers! I hated those things. Had them on my Cat and the Stampede I bought in 95. I still have the pieces laying around. I replaced the mechanical speed control with a Novak Rooster and threw the old one in my Cat and got it going again.

This one has a later stinger motor in it. Original 540 motor didn't have any label on it and had a plastic end bell and had two louvers for venting instead of the nice large hole this has on the Stinger.