RC Racer

Single steering servo

How many of you guys have converted your Maxx truck to a single steering servo?what servo did you guys use? How many ounce of torque is needed

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    i converted my revo my maxx is still stock .on my revo i ran a hitec 7950th but anything over 350 will do

RC Racer
    Did you have to change any steering linkages or did you just remove the one servo

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    On the revo I bought a single sided servo arm

RC Champion
    I run a single hytek HS7955TG on one of my maxx trucks. Its rated at 6v so you dont have to use an external bec,although it probably wouldnt hurt. Some of the more powerful ones will require an external bec.
    Last edited by EMAXXBRUSHLESS; 02-03-2013 at 08:15 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    One strong metal geared with at least 250oz, or more is what you should look for. Hitec, and Savox are the most popular choices. Just remove the other linkage on the steering.

RC Racer
    Well got a savox servo and now my chassis is twisting when I turn it. Any ideas on how to fix it or do I just need a metal chassis

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by EMAXXBRUSHLESS View Post
    I run a single hytek HS7955TG on one of my maxx trucks. Its rated at 6v so you dont have to use an external bec,although it probably wouldnt hurt. Some of the more powerful ones will require an external bec.
    I run a Savox 2274SG servo at 7.4v in my Stampede 4x4 with a Castle CC 10amp BEC. Works a treat as I only power the servo at 7.4v whilst my Traxxas ESC powers the rest of my stuff at its default voltage

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldblue72 View Post
    Well got a savox servo and now my chassis is twisting when I turn it. Any ideas on how to fix it or do I just need a metal chassis
    Twisting when it reaches its end points? Oh and I'm running a jr9100t on my maxx

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackelaktor View Post
    I run a Savox 2274SG servo at 7.4v in my Stampede 4x4 with a Castle CC 10amp BEC. Works a treat as I only power the servo at 7.4v whilst my Traxxas ESC powers the rest of my stuff at its default voltage
    I also set the end points via the Traxxas IPhone app which connects to the TQI dock. STRC make an aftermarket bell crank which I also installed to cope with the torque of that monster servo

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    There must be a binding some place, check when the servo arm travels probably you can fix it setting the end points.

RC Racer
    I think pretty sure you guys are right about it hitting the end points. Doesn't help it's a 440 ounce servo

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Always check the end points! Did you run a bec?probably a good idea

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I think pretty sure you guys are right about it hitting the end points. Doesn't help it's a 440 ounce servo
    It won't matter how much torque the servo has, I run savox 2270 on my emaxx and hitec 7955 on my erevo without chassis twisting.