Thread: lubricants

RC Racer

lubricants

what do you use where? i have access to a kent product called dry film lube,was hoping to not collect dirt at the wheel bearings like an oil would any and all ideas welcome,lets hear it!

RC Enthusiast
    I've been using CRC heavy duty silicone and 3in1 electric motor oil (don't know the brand)

RC Champion
    I just soak my bearings in 5w20 oil for an hour or so before installation and then coat lightly in moly diff lube. Another great tool which i will be picking up is the rpm bearing blaster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by theant; 02-01-2013 at 07:41 PM.
    Kid at heart......and always playin around

RC Qualifier
    Got any photos of the kent dry lube, PB blaster dry lube works well, I am currently using some dry lube I got from Walmart in the bike dept. it's on a bottle that you just put drops on. Seems to be working okay, keeps the dirt of most parts. The PB blaster dry lube I spray my whole truck down with it, everywhere, doesn't seem to hurt anything, leaves a white powder residue on the chassis, but it repels dirt and water great. I use an air compressor and spray my truck off every time I'm done using it. I normally spray the truck down every fews runs.

Sent from my iPhone 5

RC Champion
    For bearings I like to use Acer SIN. But its pricey. I have not tried it but Marvel Mystery Oil is supposed to be a really good bearing oil.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

RC Qualifier
    Wheel bearings get packed with Mobil 1 wheel and bearing grease.
    Trans bearings get T-9 Boeshield.