RC Competitor

Anyone else run SC tires on their Rusty?

Just bought a new pair of SC tires for cheap off a friend and have been running them on my rustler. so far they seem to be going good.... Anyone else running them on their's? and have you had any problems with them?

I wouldn't see why anybody would have problems
    My dad uses my stock bfgs on the rear since he blew through his stockers
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    At the office installing another box of Internets...
    My son runs SCs on the front, and when my Edge's wear out I'm swapping to Gladiator SCs. On the rear they were a disaster, just not wide enough.
    I shot an elephant in my underwear last night...

RC Competitor
    Well i just plan on running the SC's in the back and my stock fronts for my rustler... What's wrong with the width PMDRACER?

RC Qualifier
    At the office installing another box of Internets...
    Quote Originally Posted by CPEET14 View Post
    Well i just plan on running the SC's in the back and my stock fronts for my rustler... What's wrong with the width PMDRACER?
    The 2.2" Gladiators mounted on 2.8" Traxxas wheels are over 2" wide while the SCs are 1.7". Putting SCs on the back of our Rusty's killed traction on the street and the dirt. Just our observation.
    I shot an elephant in my underwear last night...

Over time I accumulated about 12 stock slash SC wheels and I began running them on everything I used on the street just to use them up. They really looked lame on my Pede. Other than them looking out of sorts, you won't have any problems running them.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Competitor
    What's the best for handling as far as running them? i have my rusty sitting as high as it can go right now so do i drop it low when i run them or leave it high? what's the best?

I agree the stock SC tires kill traction but I thought it was due to the hardness of the rubber compound.

To the OP, when you say height, do you mean the body? You probably won't need to make any adjustments as the tires aren't much taller.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Champion
    I've ran pro-line trencher SC M2 medium tires on my rusty quite a bit. They're a good speed run tire in a pinch, because they're thin and don't balloon much.

Offload grip is good too. It's not as good as using some 2.8 tires, but i find that sometimes the extra width on a 2.8 can keep the tire from digging into the ground.

RC Champion
    ^^

That is a good observation. Ran them before on my Rusty and your turning response is INSANE ! But, traction at launch and well anything above half throttle is a little lacking. The Trencher SC's would be the best bet for traction on a SC rim imo.

Running 2.2 or 2.8 is just very fitting for the rusty imo and has a good balance of traction and response. I prefer 2.2 The 2.8 Trenchers I have, have WONDERFUL traction but horrible turning response and with having the protrac kit there is so much force pushing straight due to the toe in the rear it's even worse lol.

I did use SC Switches as a good all terrain tire and they have a TON of life in them for a cheap tire but they really only hooked up on the 4x4 Pede I had. They did good as a street tire on the rusty but drove as if they were bald in the rear's off road.
    Rusty SCT
    Rusty LCG SCT
    Pede 4x4 SC8 *sold*

RC Competitor
    no the height of the truck itself. my shocks push my A-arms all the way down and are still stiff