Thread: Got it today.

RC Qualifier

Got it today.

Well, my Summit came in today. Charged up the The batteries and took it out for a spin. WOW! It is more fun then I actually thought it would be. I was climbing through rocks, brush, ditches, drainpipes, Over logs and branches. Nothing seemed to stop this beast. It's not as slow as I anticipated, In fact it's got a good amount of speed. Not as fast as my stampede, But fast enough where as I didn't get bored with it. I'm going to take it to the river tomorrow and have a blast. For those of you that are reading this and do not have one yet, Don't think twice about it it's a lot of fun and you'll be amazed at what it can do. Oh and by the way, it's a lot bigger than I thought it would be.

RC Champion
    Plug your vent holes in the tires before u hit the water.

RC Qualifier
    Ah. Okay. Good idea. Shoe glue?

RC Champion
    Just use tape so you can remove it when u are away from the water and crawling again.

RC Qualifier
    Shoe goo or hot glue works good to seal up. I tried the sealing up tires and your summit will float but with soft rubber compound of the tires you will end up with small slices or cracks that let water in and not out. I did this when i first got mine but every time i ran it i would have to mess around with trying to re seal the tires so i ended up melting 4 holes in each tire on the tread to let water out. Works way better. check out my thread on wheel weights a couple down. Grab some 80w shock oil and another set of front springs for the rear to help eliminate the squat in the rear end(i run very little preload with this setup looks really low but works really well for climbing also easier on driveshaft angles). Find a small washer to fit in the servo saver to tighten up the spring a little. Take it onto the road once the motor is broken in and punch it wide open then little by little tighten your slipper so it slips for about two feet then grabs. They are set pretty loose from the factory. All this stuff will cost you under $30 and make your summit so much more capable and user friendly. Have fun welcome to the club! The most versatile truck you will ever own!
    Last edited by Reaxion911; 06-01-2013 at 12:05 AM.