mynet43

Help with 2075 Servo

Hi. I'm new to this forum. So I'm not sure where to post this.

I have two 2075 Traxxas servos. When I turn them by hand, they move more than 180 degrees.

When I control them from my microprocessor, I can't get either of them to move more than 90 degrees.

I'm controlling the servo pulse from 1000 to 2000 microseconds, and repeating every 20 ms. I'm using a 5V supply voltage.

I can control it with no problem within this pulse range. If I go outside of the 1000/2000 range, it just goes to the closest boundary and stops, it never goes beyond the 90 degree sweep range.

If I hook up another servo, such as a Cirrus analog servo, the same code easily drives it the whole 180 degree range.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong.

Thank you for your help.

Jim

RC Champion
    im lost after reading, sorry im no help there. welcome to the forum
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Champion
    have you tried to center your trim control knob? or putting the travel % higher on your radio? make sure everything on the radio is centered or the servos wont travel to it's maxium range.
    Take Responsibility do not text and drive.

mynet43
    Quote Originally Posted by GlowThunder View Post
    have you tried to center your trim control knob? or putting the travel % higher on your radio? make sure everything on the radio is centered or the servos wont travel to it's maxium range.
    I'm not running from a radio. I'm running directly from a microprocessor, using standard servo pulse timing. It works fine on a Cirrus analog servo, but not on the Traxxas digital servo. My understanding is that they should have the same timing signals.

I'm wondering if this servo has limited movement to be used only for steering?

Does someone know how to contact Traxxas directly? I can't find documentation for this servo.

Thanks for your help.

Jim

RC Qualifier
    1 (888) 872-9927 Could have somthing to do with the pot and other circuitry inside. I'm not sure though.

Sent from my iPhone using autocorrect