RC Qualifier

Post Petition for Minimum post limit in Market Place

Does anyone else feel Traxxas should implement a minimum post limit before you are allowed to post on the Market Place? As I've seen in other forums, a 50 post minimum is required (And posts in an area like "Traxxas Alley" wouldn't count towards those 50 posts)

It seems like every day I see threads that either have no pictures, no price, seem shady, and/or simply not following the MP rules...and when this happens, they're typically made by those forum members who have less than 50 posts and/or just joined.

Maybe it's just me, but I would feel much safer to purchase from somebody with say 100 posts compared to an individual selling an item with only 1 or 2 posts. I've seen many other forums use this and I can't really see too much negativity associated with it.

Note - I'm not saying that everyone with few posts selling on the MP don't follow the rules or seem shady.

Any other thoughts on this? Or is everyone else pretty content with the MP.
    Last edited by NICK31; 02-04-2013 at 09:06 PM.

RC Champion
    I think that would discourage a lot of people from using the forum. A lot of people join just to use the marketplace.
    If they are forced to get up to 50-100 posts first they will most likely be all spamming.
    I joined rctech just to use their marketplace. If they had made me get 50 posts first I may have not even bee interested.
    Also just because someone has few posts does not mean they are inexperienced at selling stuff.
    I DO think, however, that you should be required to read the rules first.
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by upbasher View Post
    I think that would discourage a lot of people from using the forum. A lot of people join just to use the marketplace.
    If they are forced to get up to 50-100 posts first they will most likely be all spamming.
    I joined rctech just to use their marketplace. If they had made me get 50 posts first I may have not even bee interested.

I DO think, however, that you should be required to read the rules first.
    I can't say that I agree with your statements..

-A post limit (even of 25 posts), will reduce spammers and keep authentic members around.
    -It shows that members like the Forum for the content of the site, not just the market place.
    -A post limit will allow potential buyers/sellers to see at least a little bit of what a new person has to say before deciding to deal with them.
    - Plus other reasons

Quote Originally Posted by upbasher View Post
    Also just because someone has few posts does not mean they are inexperienced at selling stuff.
    Yup, stated that in my OP

I think that the spamming upbasher is referring to is that which new members may be tempted to perpetrate to get to 50 posts.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    I think that the spamming upbasher is referring to is that which new members may be tempted to perpetrate to get to 50 posts.
    I do like the 50 post idea but some do spam but i have to be inclined to agree with these 2 here because spamming happens alot around here even though its not apparent its there i have caught some of it and just dont post on it if i see it if i dont then i am guilty as charged . new members already run away when they dont read the rules and their posts keep getting deleted. I am inclined to agree to have new members read the rules like if they go click on the MP that they get directed to the rules thread and have to click agree to that part of the forum this is a good idea. i know i clicked i would follow rules of the forum but make this an addition. i wouldnt mind clicking it if i was new
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Qualifier
    Well it doesn't have to be 50 posts; could be 10, 20, or 25 posts.

Oh and if these people just "spam" to get to a post limit, then they aren't really here for the forum and what it has to offer (they're just interested in the MP and not here to contribute to the site).

Just saying, Traxxas is very nice to us with their forum. This is especially true since other forums placing a "X" post limit, requiring you to be a member of the site for 14 days before posting in a for sale section, or requiring you to be a "site supporter." But then again...Traxxas doesn't receive a whole lot of "traffic" (compared to other forums).

Edit: I do like the idea of making new members read the MP rules (and forum rules for that matter lol), but wouldn't that be pretty hard to actually "make" individuals read? Think of it like those License Agreements you get before installing new software, does anyone actually read those? lol
    Last edited by NICK31; 02-05-2013 at 05:40 AM.

Post count mean nothing...

I deal with members that have 100+ or 1000+ in post count, and still do not follow the rules. Such a change would not matter.
    "We know who you are"

Seems to me this is a rule you could apply yourself. If a member does not have the post count you feel is adequate then simply dont deal with him.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    Seems to me this is a rule you could apply yourself. If a member does not have the post count you feel is adequate then simply dont deal with him.
    Absolutely.

RC Qualifier
    Well you guys can be rejectful all you want
    Types of restrictions like this do work and it's a reason many forums implement them. But yeah, I should have re-evaluated it before opening my mouth...the Traxxas forum doesn't have a lot of activity..

And yes, I agree with ya Dadx2mj

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by NICK31 View Post
    Well you guys can be rejectful all you want
    Types of restrictions like this do work and it's a reason many forums implement them. But yeah, I should have re-evaluated it before opening my mouth...the Traxxas forum doesn't have a lot of activity..

And yes, I agree with ya Dadx2mj
    It wouldn't work for me. it would just scare me off.

RC Qualifier
    I would be happy and feel more safe with a limit. Something like on urc is a bit overkill but man does it do its job. When getting offers from the new guy, (i once was) the seller or trader is not all that coforatable alot of times... I would vote for something like this even if say it was a one week mp ban/not being able to post i would feel much safer!

When I deal in forum Traders/Maktet Places, the only thing that matters to me is the actual sellers/traders feedback, and not the post count. If you can not proof to me your dealing background, I will not deal with you, period!

Right now, all of my past forum, and e-Bay dealings fall under thew He123321 name. 1 name for dealing is key, not 2-3. If a member shows me more then 1 name, the deal is off on the spot. When dealing, I am never in a rush which has saved me many a headaches

Now if you need to sell your Traxxas gear asap with no time to deal with research, then go to cl for a face to face transaction.

When dealing online, commen sense will take us far
    "We know who you are"