RC Competitor

caliberating telementory

Im having issues with my speed and temp readings.

while im at idle my speed my sensor is reading 15mph and im getting a max speed of 76mph on my revo 3.3 which it certainly isn't.

also my temperature readings are about 30 degrees C high.

any ideas guys?

thanks

RC Qualifier
    Is the temp in *F?

RC Competitor
    it is now yes.

id like mph and degrees C but they don't allow it do they?
    or kph and degrees F
    Last edited by S13dr1fter; 12-31-2013 at 08:58 AM.

RC Racer
    Options are mph/F because that's along the lines of imperial measurement and kph/C which is metric

If the thing is reading 15 mph while standing still, turn off the ipod and the transmitter, wait 10 seconds, turn on transmitter then turn on ipod, wait for it to connect to the car, then restart the dashboard and it should reset itself to 0.

Speed will never be accurate because it is all estimated from the RPM. Calculation is based on limited configurable data including drive ratio (gear ratio & transmission ratio), wheel diameter (only a few stock options are available), and tightness of slipper clutch (if the slipper is loose and the motor allowed to spin rapidly, then max speed will be too high). Best to just put a GPS into the car (i.e. you can put an iphone in for gps, just be sure it is well padded (I've done this and wrecked without destroying iphone).