RC Enthusiast

Best Hard case 4s LiPo Battery

Hey guys, I will be getting the new mamba monster 2 2650kv combo soon and I need a new battery! Currently I have a 3s that isn't going to cut it. I want to buy a 4s hard case but i'm not sure which brand is the best. I'm considering a max amps battery, but I have heard mixed emotions about them. If you guys can throw me some recommendations that would be great! Thanks, Paul
    Last edited by TraxxasTMaxx2.5; 01-27-2013 at 07:44 AM.

RC Champion
    +1 this question. And what is the advantage/disadv of hard case LiPos in general? I have no idea.
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Qualifier
    Gens Ace is the way to go for sure.... ive had nothing but good luck with it.. i have there 4s and love it.... and the price cant be beat... there customer service is top notch.... bought last year and still running it till this day.... i have the castle creations mamba max pro sct 2400kv... and she just screams with that in there .... so i say GENS ACE... but keep us updated on your decision....

as far as hard case goes i love it for when im out bashing around... ive had my battery fall out a few times and takes a beating... I dont have to worry bout any damage to the cells with the hard case around them.... and if your outside playing on gravel or whatever dont have to worry bout punchering a cell..... ive got a battery not in hard case and the outter shell is starting to crack and breaking apart... so i had to tape it up....

all in all the hard case in my mind can take more abuse.... compared to the non hard case...
    drive it like you stole it !!!!!!!!!!!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by hi def man View Post
    all in all the hard case in my mind can take more abuse.... compared to the non hard case...
    Thanks hi def. Good to know.
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Qualifier
    Agree with those pros on the hard case! I also have a Gen Ace 4s and 3s hard case and the power/run time/price, cannot be beat.

Bad part is, is that they are almost always out of stock. So when they come back in stock, better buy a couple.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/geaceha.html <--- link to the gen ace hardcase batteries from the site I buy from

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for all the help guys, is there any place to buy the gens ace with a traxxas plug?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by TraxxasTMaxx2.5 View Post
    Thanks for all the help guys, is there any place to buy the gens ace with a traxxas plug?
    +1 on the gens ace.

I don't know of anywhere to get it with the traxxas plug. If you're not comfortable with soldering, then you can always get a converter, or have someone solder it for you.

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for all the help guys!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    i bought my sky lipo 4s at hobbypartz.com and went to my LHS to buy the "original" traxxas plug with free soldered.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 02-15-2013 at 08:39 PM.
    humay has left the building, peace.