RC Racer

I am lost on my tune

my truck hesitates on take off, it cuts out at full throttle, it trys to run on me at an idle. Temps in the 170's. I richen it runs to cool yet still cuts out. Had to lean it back out to start it.

170F is too cool to begin with. What are the outside temps your running in? If your not a very experianced tuner, running in the winter months in cold conditions can be overwhelming. Never tune by temps, just use them as a standard to keep from running too hot.
    No slipper/tall gearing/power = broken parts.

RC Champion
    Put the lsn at 2 turns out and the hsn at 5 turns out and start over.
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

RC Racer
    its in the mid 30's, now i am questioning if (i am certain it said 170) and with you mentioning that i want to be at 270ish (i am an idiot lol) I think what was going on in my mind was with it cutting out i need to richen it.

270F is the max you want to hit.

170F is too cold to be running/tuning at, need to get it up to 200F.

At 30F you really nead to have the head covered to help retain the heat.
    A baby sock or 2-3 wraps of aluminum foil around the head will work, you can also poke holes in the foil if it retains too much heat.

Generally cutting out is too lean, and bogging is a indicatoin of too rich.

At those outside temps your gonna needo richen your tune from your summer tune.
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Qualifier
    its mid 30's here and I'm 5 turns out on hsn and 1.75 on lsn and thats close for me. 210's with body on mid tank.
    I gave up golf for this????

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by tmaxx newb View Post
    its mid 30's here and I'm 5 turns out on hsn and 1.75 on lsn and thats close for me. 210's with body on mid tank.
    Sounds about the same as I had to go to I think I had to be 5-3/4 HSN and 2-1/4 LSN but I was at about 35F and Humidity in 90% area Do not know exact temp as I do not have a Temp Gun etc, I just used the water droplet test on the Head where Glow plus is to ensure I was not to Hot or to cold so I guess I was between 220-250 as The water would steam off not extremely fast but fact it was Even steaming (Boiling) meant I was about 212F by a litttle at least, I just ran my Clean/All Decaled/Nothing cut out Hoping to keep Perfect Body with engine just barely sticking Above with no space between Chassis and Body for extra Airflow . I do not think I can run that Body when temps get above say 60 without it running to hot though.
    Last edited by spudler_t; 02-05-2013 at 05:34 AM.
    T-Maxx 3.3 :)