RC Racer

Scored a fixer upper

I made a deal on a 2 year old Summit today, it had a mamba brushless in it and both diffs are stripped now, the stock motor and ecs are back in it now and have only been used for a few runs , so I will have some work to do fixing the diffs and the body is scraped up pretty good but I got it for $100, comes with the paddle tires and stock tires and no batteries, gonna fix it up over the next few months once I get it here, a ATV friend of mine has it and it's 90 miles away from here, will meet up with him in a week or two to grab it from him, for now I only have one pic of all his trucks, he just lost interest in it and its been sitting on the shelf since the diffs broke last summer and he does not want to fix it, baby on the way so not at the top of his priority list right now, I'll post some pics of it when I get it here.

here it is with the paddle tires on it.

Last edited by CHKMATE ELUDER; 01-29-2013 at 05:04 PM.

jonesdallas
    Cheers bud, I`ll be watching for build Cant go wrong with $100... did it come with the rx/rx too?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesdallas View Post
    Cheers bud, I`ll be watching for build Cant go wrong with $100... did it come with the rx/rx too?
    Thanks, Yup it came with the radio too, all it needs to make it run again is diffs, which I have no idea how hard that is to fix and some batteries, I'm sure I'll be reading up here and adding or changing stuff, I'm pretty pumped to get it, my kids have a 1/16 digger and merv so now I have my own too.
    Last edited by CHKMATE ELUDER; 01-29-2013 at 05:35 PM.

RC poster
    You can rebuild both diffs for like $25 each in parts and a couple hours of your time! Lol

RC Racer
    You can also get new diffs on eBay for about $25 to $30. Just drop the whole thing in and go.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cglennrichardson View Post
    You can also get new diffs on eBay for about $25 to $30. Just drop the whole thing in and go.
    Thank you, that will be the way to go.