RC Qualifier

NiMH Battery Charging

So I was wondering... when charging (1) 8.4V 3000 mah 7 cell battery with the iCharger 206B, why doesn't it ask how many cells there are and are the NiMH Settings it comes on good for charging the one battery. This is what the menu tree says. Program Select: NiMH Battery > NiMH Charge Aut 2.0A Cur Limit > NiMH Charge Man 2.0A Current > NiMH Discharge 1.0A 1.00V > NiMH Cycle 3 DCGH->CGH(Aut) > NiMH Forming CHG 1.0Ah 7.2V(6s). Those are the setting the iCharger 206B comes programmed with for NiMH Batteries. Will that work for charging the one battery above? And I am also plugging just the one into my paraboard to charge since I have no other charge thing.
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

RC Qualifier
    Well, tried charging it anyways and it is working good. Tomorrow I will charge my 2 SPC 8200mah 2s Lipos, but for know this is what I am using. Custom Made Power Supply made by Jimmie Neutron, iCharger 206B, Paraboard with Traxxas Connectors, and tonight my one 8.4 Volt 3000Mah 7 Cell NiMH Power Cell Battery. Works great!
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

It can tell how many cells you have... it is a smart charger.

And charging the NiMh through the ParaBoard does not hurt anything.
    Last edited by JimmyNeutron; 02-05-2013 at 10:02 PM.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

Are you sure the twin PSU can provide enough power for a 7C pack?
    I guess you are set for a while.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    The Twin PSU supplies me both 24 Volts and 12 Volts outlets. It also has a voltage boost in it for a little bit more power. I could hook 2 chargers up to it if I wanted too with how it was built.
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

very nice setup there what i am looking for but i only have 1 PSU right now but i want the charger and board. Nice PSU's Jimmie Made for you.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Chandler View Post
    The Twin PSU supplies me both 24 Volts and 12 Volts outlets. It also has a voltage boost in it for a little bit more power. I could hook 2 chargers up to it if I wanted too with how it was built.
    I understand completely. This is one of mine - 12V & 24V:

Another one I did has three sets of outputs, convertible for three 12V or on each 12V & 24V. One likes to keep one's options open.

RC Qualifier
    Thanks. The iCharger 206B is a very good charger and I would recommend it. Charges almost any kind of RC Battery with the right connection points. The board is also good, but I haven't hook more than one battery at once to it yet. Tomorrow both my Lipos are gonna charge on it though. Nice PSU Too Ksb51rl.
    Last edited by Jacob Chandler; 02-05-2013 at 10:32 PM.
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

I don't know of any kind of RC battery the 206 cannot charge...

I need to find some giant shrink tube... it makes K's PS look killer.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

Thanks. J_N looks to do (very) good work. I'm positive you'll be happy with your whole setup.

J_N: that's its name: "Killa" but for the kW rating, not its looks. That shrink is severe overkill. It is polyolefin (like massive wire shrink) not the PVC like which comes on battery packs. The length I used, properly clamped on each side, would support my weight.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 02-05-2013 at 10:47 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I know I will be happy with my Set Up!!! Cause If I wasn't happy I couldn't tell ya how much money I will have spent going Lipo. Lol
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit