RC poster

velineon 3500 in 1/16 revo?

So I'm looking to put a vxl3m with a velineon 3500 motor in my 1/16 erevo. Any tips for gearing. Also are there any parts I will need besides the motor and ESC. Thanks

RC Qualifier
    Depends on which model you are starting with. The VXL will require a BB motor mount.

A VXL-3m will be fried soon when you pair it with the 3500Kv Velineon motor. I assume you mean the VXL-3s. If you don't have a brushed version of the Merv, you need the motor mount parts to be able to mount the larger motor.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Qualifier
    I'd go big or go home. Lol. Vxl can only handle 3s max. Mamba Max

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Petertje60 View Post
    A VXL-3m will be fried soon when you pair it with the 3500Kv Velineon motor. I assume you mean the VXL-3s. If you don't have a brushed version of the Merv, you need the motor mount parts to be able to mount the larger motor.
    Thanks for the tips everyone. I was hoping since both escs have no limit I could go for the smaller option to make mounting it easier. Thanks

RC Qualifier
    +1 on the MMP.
    And there he goes with the carbon...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    and the best batteries out there. the 3500 is pretty power hungry for our little batteries

Quote Originally Posted by MJR METALHED View Post
    Thanks for the tips everyone. I was hoping since both escs have no limit I could go for the smaller option to make mounting it easier. Thanks
    The VXL-3m is rated 50A continuous. The 200A continious rating of the VXL-3s seems a little exaggerated to me, but they both have a limit in the specifications. The 3500 motor can consume more than 50A, so the VXL-3m isn't the right choice. The Mamba Max Pro is a great controller, but a Sidewinder would be powerful enough for the Merv.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Racer
    I run a 3500 vxl motor in mine and a Hobby king 80A esc ( I think) with 28t pinion but i forgot what spur, runs good but gets everything gets very hot...
    Traxxas and yamaha - cant do anything without them

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    should edit that brand out while you can!
    esc is probably not powerful enough

RC Qualifier
    Get the brushed motor mount for traxxas 1/16, I had to trim the rubber end cap of the 3500 motor. Ran it off 1/16 vxl esc in 40*f weather. Could make 3 or 4 speed runs before the esc thermal shutdown. Puffed my venom 3s batteries running them in parallel Crazy fast, needed 4 blocks to hit full throttle to not wheelie. Rolls easy, drives like crap other than speed runs. Do it if u got stuff lying around. You can run the stock vxl system faster on 3s as a normal car. The BB makes it a clunky tank for turning.