Just wondering what the methods are around stoping it. I have 2.2/3" trenchers and haven't had problems with them ballooning but I'm going to get some stampede tires and heard they might when doing speed runs. How do I go about keeping them from ballooning? I have heard of taping them but don't know what that entail.
You tape the insides with duct tape, There's got to be a how-to thread...search for "taping tires" or something and you're bound to find something.
Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot
There's a Pro Line You Tube vid that shows exactly how to. I just did some tonight myself.
I'll try anything once, maybe twice!
Its an easy no brainer.
1) tires have to be unmounted.
2) turn tires inside out
3) insert foams into reveresed tires for support
4) clean surface thoroughly with alochol
5) do 2 wraps evenly keeping tape centered with gorilla tape
6) remove foams and turn tire right side out
7) insert foams and mount tires.
Ok I'll look up a video on YouTube on how to do it. Thanks