Thread: Plasti Dip

RC Enthusiast

Plasti Dip

Has anyone tried it? I would call LHS but I have a feeling they may not be able to help me with this. water proofing servo's with plasti dig seems it will work but I need personal input from people who tried it.

RC Champion
    I havemt yet. I've plasti dipped lots of stuff on my 1:1 truck though

The stuff is tuff. There's lots of videos on how too,s

RC Qualifier
    Same, I haven't tried it either, but I don't see what can go wrong with it, it's basically liquid rubber. One thing, on Traxxas servo's you might want to put some tape over that hole on the back cover of the servo so you don't get a whole bunch of it inside on the circuit board, not sure if that would short it out or not.

RC Enthusiast
    I just saw a video of how to plasti dip a servo and receiver. On the servo, you can spray it all over with a thin coat. That works for me because all I will be doing is snow bashing the next few days. For the receiver, he removed the cover and sprayed the plasti dip on the circuit board. I did not understand that part. I would spray the cover with the servo wires connected. That will put a seal around the connecters.

The reasoning behindcovering the circuit board is to try to water proof it & still be able to plug & unplug the servo's.
    You still need to put a dollop of grease under the servo horn, around the output splines to keep water out of there.

The thing to remember is this just makes them water resistant, not water proofed enough to be submerged for very long.
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Enthusiast
    I will try this and see how it works the next time if snows in my area.