Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    RC Racer
    Perfect thanks guys!! I thought it wasn't that good especially of the kv rating. I'll keep lookin out for a mm2 and 2400kv motor! Gotta stay waterproof!

I think I have to re program my throttle now. For some reason after bashing yesterday, battery went dead so I swapped it but the ESC turned on right away. I removed the "cover" I glued over it and sprayed some wd40. It's not sticking now but is it possible the controls got messed up? Or could it be worse?

Just keep an eye on it and if it plays up take it back to lhs or ring traxxas and see if they will give you a replacement and then maybe sell it and put the money towards a new setup.......peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    Just keep an eye on it and if it plays up take it back to lhs or ring traxxas and see if they will give you a replacement and then maybe sell it and put the money towards a new setup.......peace
    Hooked it up tonight, and re calibrated it. The little one chased It around while I was bbqing for about 30 mins and it worked great! Tried it an hour ago and it was sticking again, I THINK "knocks on wood" I have freed it up, try again tomorrow and see what's up!

If it keeps acting up I will send it back and probably buy the mm2, gives me a great excuse anyways

Dude use a dry lube spray and then it can not get gritty and stop the button sticking......peace

Rouleau, aka "Dog River", Saskatchewan, Canada
    There's an o-ring that seals the button in the case so there isn't much room to get any type of free flowing liquid in there to clean it. It's a real pain in the behind when it starts acting up. I ended up putting a screw in the center of my button so I could simply pull the button back up after turning the esc on. I tried everything to get the button to work properly again on my first vxl. Since there is such a tight tolerance between the button and the case, the only way i could ever clean it out completely was to use very high pressure air. I used to clean around the button with my air compressor at 125psi and a blower wand that had the tip restricted to a pinhole. It would work good for a few runs then start to stick again. At least your esc still has all its functions working, my 3 month old vxl-3s only has about 8-10 runs on it and now reverse don't work at all. 👎

Sent from Baldy's iPad using your wireless signal...Thanks!
    Never trust an "Atom", they make up everything.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldyDaniels View Post
    There's an o-ring that seals the button in the case so there isn't much room to get any type of free flowing liquid in there to clean it. It's a real pain in the behind when it starts acting up. I ended up putting a screw in the center of my button so I could simply pull the button back up after turning the esc on. I tried everything to get the button to work properly again on my first vxl. Since there is such a tight tolerance between the button and the case, the only way i could ever clean it out completely was to use very high pressure air. I used to clean around the button with my air compressor at 125psi and a blower wand that had the tip restricted to a pinhole. It would work good for a few runs then start to stick again. At least your esc still has all its functions working, my 3 month old vxl-3s only has about 8-10 runs on it and now reverse don't work at all. ��

It seems to be working ok for the past few runs, I keep wiggling it to make sure it's not stuck. I see an upgrade in the near future ..

My reverse didn't work today, I haven't tried re calibrating it again yet though.

Spin ill have to pick some of that stuff up!

Got this in the mail Friday:

Traxxas sent me my new motor under warranty, drop in spair! Although I'm thinking of selling it and putting it towards a new combo!

Rouleau, aka "Dog River", Saskatchewan, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by 4x4stampedevxl View Post
    It seems to be working ok for the past few runs, I keep wiggling it to make sure it's not stuck. I see an upgrade in the near future ..

My reverse didn't work today, I haven't tried re calibrating it again yet though.

Spin ill have to pick some of that stuff up!

Got this in the mail Friday:

Traxxas sent me my new motor under warranty, drop in spair! Although I'm thinking of selling it and putting it towards a new combo!
    It likely just entered the "race" driving mode Because of the button sticking down, so you'll have to program it back to "sport" mode again. Hopefully it didn't just completely lose reverse completely like mine did.

If youre seriously considering a brushless system upgrade, then If I were you I'd sell the motor while it's still brand new in the box. If you open the box and run the motor even once, it becomes a used motor and it's resale value drops quite a bit. New in the box you can sell that motor for 65 quick and easy, but used motors (even if in like new condition) sell for around 45-55 and will take longer to sell.

Never trust an "Atom", they make up everything.

Yes dude keep it in the box people will want to buy it more if its box fresh and you may get more cash to put on your new setup mankeep us posted bro.......peace

RC Racer
    Been a while since I've been on the forums! My stampede has been running great! Picked up a dusty motors shroud that's about it!

The body is still original lol, getting my last uses out of it before the new one!

Traded 2 2s batteries for this today

It runs great! I want to make it into a drifter

What a sick trade dude You all good man .....peace

RC Racer
    What a sick trade dude You all good man .....peace
    Yupp everything's good, been really busy and haven't bashed as much as I want, plus not breaking anything for 2 months is awesome! Lol

Won't be long before I'm moddin the mini e revo. It scoots along on 2s!

Good man glad you are back with a new project my mates got a merv and its so much fun for its size ......peace

RC Racer
    Yeah it is! Quite fast on 2s too, i think I will pick up a 3s for the revo just for fun! I taped the tires with green painters tape and it made my decision to get drift tires for a spair set!

My friend had an extra body from his pede, until my new one is painted it now looks like :

And I am in the works of rigging that Subaru wrx body onto the revo

RC Racer
    Had some friends over the other day, 3 3s packs after, my wheel bearing was completely mangled, and managed to snap a wheelie bar wheel. Not bad considering the only thing I've replaced in the past 6 months on 3s is spur gears, these traxxas trucks REALLY take a beating.

Cleaned up, wheel bearing fixed

While the wheels were off I decided to spray em black. Like how it turned out :

Lookin good dude my rear right wheel bearing last night gave up on me half way through my bashBut as much as I love bashing you cant go wrong with a bit of wrenching .....peace bro

RC Racer
    Lookin good dude my rear right wheel bearing last night gave up on me half way through my bashBut as much as I love bashing you cant go wrong with a bit of wrenching .....peace bro
    Exactly, I haven't fixed anything on it in a long time so it was good actually lol. Except took some finessing to get the outer and inner race out!

Ging to replace them all next weekend as they have some play. Rather swap em while they are in one piece still lol itsk a lot easier!

I am going to replace all the rear bearings tonight when the kids have gone to bed.......peace and lots of coffee

RC Racer
    Went to a skate park the other week with a few friends, my girlfriend wanted to rip it so she did with the 3s in it. Pulled some crazy stunts then throttled a little to much and landed funny resulting in just a bent shock lol.
    These stock shocks lasted me 7 months of use so I'm not disappointed

My friend had a stock pair I used since,but today I picked up a axial big bore shocks, front and rear for 10 bucks!

Tried them out today at the Same skate park and the bike track, the truck handles awesome. It has a lot of squish being from a crawler but more travel. The truck sits higher, but yet handles better and hugs the ground. I'm going to charge the oil tomorrow to be a little stiffer, but overall happy for 10$ lol

Also bought a new front light kit as two of the LEDs didn't work so I put the two good ones on the body mount to use as rear lights, will be red eventually

Dude the truck is coming along super well and those shocks are awesome for 10 bucks........peace bro

RC Racer
    They work quite awesome for 10 bucks!

Here's the lighting in the dark. Helps at night

They will see you coming from miles away dude SWEET..........peace

RC Racer
    79.3 km/h the other night

New mashers on desperados came in today!

Not bad dude about 50mph and the new shoes on the truck look boss what gearing did you use?........peace

Spencer

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by 4x4stampedevxl View Post
    Got a little crazy with the sharpie and did my chassis lol, looks way better cant wait for the new one with rit dye!

List of mods to date

Proline trenchers
    5576a wheels 4 sets, (8 rims total)
    Proline paddles for 2.8 inch rim. 2 sets (4 tires)
    1952x blue rear hubs
    6837x blue front hubs
    6860r blue motor mount
    6877a clear motor cover
    1654x blue aluminum wheel hub nuts 2sets (4 in total)
    6893x bearing adapter blue
    integy motor fan/heat sink
    3340 Esc fan
    Traxxas Red caster blocks
    RPM front/rear a arms
    Traxxas LED light bar
    2x 2s 5800mah lipo
    1x 3s 6400 mah lipo

Painted body
    Roof scoop
    Rear window vent
    Sharpied black chassis

Upcoming :

Mip 11109 11110 X-Duty Front & Rear CVD Kit (on order)
    Strc 6845b aluminum steering bel crank
    T bone racing servo guard/bumper (on order)
    Interal diff cups ST5381B
    Tra5862 big bores
    Tra6814 center diff upgrade
    Bigger motor fan
    Some type of new body
    Did you put protrac suspension on it. Also did the fan work well on the motor.
    Those fans seem to quite working a lot

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybird43 View Post
    Did you put protrac suspension on it. Also did the fan work well on the motor.
    Those fans seem to quite working a lot

Nope just the stock suspension in those pictures. Now I just have axial threaded big bores. I've went through one fan so far, haven't picked up a temp gun so not sure how much of an improvement it is

RC Racer
    I haven't measured the stock height but it sits much higher with these shocks. Even with the clearance it handles better then stock. Doesn't bottom out any more either. Picked up a set of mashers last week too

Did some backflips at the small town "skate park" near where I was on holidays last week.

Video :
    http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/p...818_192837.mp4

I like my pede up nice and high and even more since I have put new springs on my big bore shocks.mashers look so sick and very monster truck too lol.But your vid is awesome and the backflips are textbook.........peace

Spencer

RC Racer
    So I popped in the 5000 3s (lighter pack) and was able to hit 84.3! Not bad for stock gearing, and my iPhone with otter box as a GPS weighs it down a little

Couple videos of after the GPS run

http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/p...ps3ca89b1b.mp4

http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/p...psd4ef985e.mp4

RC Racer
    Finally picked up myself a new j concepts svt body, also the proline body mount set up.

Got some more LEDs while I was in there too

Dude love the new shell and the extra leds rockand more vids please......peace

RC Qualifier
    Great looking truck!!!!! It just keeps getting better and better!
    Just Bash it!
    4x4 Pede
    Two 2wd Pede

Summit Rustler Sl2sh TMaxx Pnde Slayer Sl4sh

RC Racer
    Ill get some more videos this weekend!

Thanks ramflames! It's always going to be a built in progress I think haha

Wolfslash16: yep those look like the ones! I put heavier weight in them and they work awesome! When I bent my stock ones my lhs only had those in stock and for 10$ bucks for 4 I couldn't go wrong lol. I've bashed them good and they are holding up better then the stock ones for sure

RC Racer
    Yikes it's been a while! I still have the stampede, sold the mini revo too. This passed weekend I was fortunate enough to get my hands on a rustler with trx/rpm goodies gallore for free!

I plan on adding a summit to the collection next month as well

Pics/new gopro video coming shortly!

RC Racer
    Here's a quick edit done on my iPad filmed with the go pro hero3 black edition, going to be some better videos to come with this thing!

http://youtu.be/IUSH81yApnU

RC Racer
    Picture of the rustler how I got it

I had a spare set of mashers on desperados that are for the 2wd stampede....perfect!!

I want to upgrade the power plant in the rustler with the system out of the stampede, and put a hobby wing bigger motor in the stampede for replacement

RC Qualifier
    OMG!!! Nice score! How did you get it for free? Looks to be in good condition. Great idea on swapping vxl into rustler and upgrading p4de. The vxl will perform awesome in the 2wd. My better half would freak if she saw my rides on the stove
    The message above or below may or may not be true

RC Champion
    That's quite the deal for the rustler; the truck looks to be in good condition. The p4de looks great too. Have you ever used 2s in the p4de and if so what gearing did you use? Thanks
    Stampede 4x4
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Hirschowl View Post
    OMG!!! Nice score! How did you get it for free? Looks to be in good condition. Great idea on swapping vxl into rustler and upgrading p4de. The vxl will perform awesome in the 2wd. My better half would freak if she saw my rides on the stove
    Long story short it's been sitting for nearly a year due to lack of interest, he wanted me to get it running and enjoy it so that's my plan haha and the trucks were nice and clean didn't stay long, i don't even think she noticed lol

Any reviews on the hobby wing 2000kv motor/esc? It seems fairly priced compared to the mamba, I just want to use 3s mostly and maybe have a slightly bigger pinion for a little bit more speed.

I'm happy with it now I only use 3s on stock gearing, but could use a bit more top end

Suggestions on combos?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by dgudenau View Post
    That's quite the deal for the rustler; the truck looks to be in good condition. The p4de looks great too. Have you ever used 2s in the p4de and if so what gearing did you use? Thanks
    It's in great shape, just needs the receiver/motor/esc overhauled and it'll be a solid truck

I only ran 2s for about a month, I was even geared down to 11 tooth too. Not very fast but keeps motor well in the safe range through a 5800 pack

I now run 3s on stock gearing with dual fans and can't turn back to 2s lol