RC Enthusiast

Hey revo cummunityy got a question??????

What makes the Revo a better racing option over the T Maxx. I see lots of upgrades for both trucks that look to make them excellent racers, so why still dose the revo hold the advantage?

RC Enthusiast
    Handling, the tmaxx is shocking compared to revo

Sent from my iPhone 5 using tapatalk

RC Champion
    the whole design of the truck makes the revo that much better...
    you know.. i never had a sig.. but i do now...

Lower center of gravity, much more adjustability with the bulkhead positions, shock set-ups, rockers, ease of working on it (IMHO, I've wrenched on both)...
    The Super Derecho

RC Enthusiast
    What about raw speed? I seems everyone that I talked to said handling is far better than the t maxx, so that is a plus. So are there any down sides to the Revo that may be a weakness, beside the driver?

RC Enthusiast
    Looking at all the stats, I have come to a conclusion that I will use the revo for my racing setup. The revo has more possible setups. May not have the lower gear ratio of the t maxx but in this case it is not necessary. I can take care of that with the right engine. My decision was made on the stability of the revo, better handling, and better options. So I will start looking for a revo roller for a good price so I can start my setup. Are I am thinking of building one for the ground up, which ever is cheaper.

RC Enthusiast
    I am looking for a revo roller. I don't know were to find one. the one's I do find are asking $250+ which I think is to much, some were close to $300. Don't need the electronics, don't need the engine, don't need the radio combo unless 2.4GHz, and don't need tires or body.

The t-maxx is designed to be a monster truck. The revo is designed to be a racing truck.
    I wanted to put a really cool signature but I ran

RC Racer
    The suspension is what makes the truck. The Revo suspension is amazing. I've had T-Maxxs and Savages, and the Revo handles so much better, and the way the Revo handles bumps at speed is amazing. It's the best setup I've ever used.

RC poster
    ebay bout $275

RC Enthusiast
    I saw that truck on ebay. I am still looking around my area for a revo roller. just not willing to spend near $300. Is there a difference between the revo 2.5 and 3.3?
    Last edited by Rcracing6575; 01-24-2013 at 08:33 PM.

RC Competitor
    3.3 chassis is a little longer on the front end. Other then that same truck. You can get a 3.3 chassis on eBay for $15 shipped and really build you a truck. I bought a used truck and stripped it down and upgraded as I went. Having a blast!!!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcracing6575 View Post
    I am looking for a revo roller. I don't know were to find one. the one's I do find are asking $250+ which I think is to much, some were close to $300. Don't need the electronics, don't need the engine, don't need the radio combo unless 2.4GHz, and don't need tires or body.
    Just purchase the parts you need on ebay. Should be around $150 or so for what you need.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zepher View Post
    Just purchase the parts you need on ebay. Should be around $150 or so for what you need.
    You stole the words right out of my mouth. I was just on ebay and saw people selling revo parts that come in sets. Really thing of building my on revo. Just need to find that best parts for top performance.

RC poster
    I should have asked what can I do to make the stock revo better? Which parts should I not order?

RC Champion
    If you are looking to race I would get familiar with the Platinum because that truck evolved from the things we were all doing to modify our trucks. Then I would add the common upgrades from there which may vary in opinion a little and some may come from personal liking. Some may be determined by how long you intend to race and some from how deep you want to go. I would also take a cruise thru the Racing thread to see some tips from those that really raced (not selling anyone short on there input mind you).
    2009 Florida State Monster Truck Champion
    RBMods