RC Competitor

mmp punch control

i have the sct 2400kv in my slash 4x4 useing 3s and 4s.i was wondering do i need to adjust the punch control or not if so how much. my gearing is 13/54 and how punch control are all of you useing. thax

RC Champion
    Thinking about get that same motor and want to know as much as I can about it. What is the punch control? And how is it adjusted?

Sorry I don't have an answer to your question.

RC Champion
    Punch control limits peak current draw.
    0 punch control= wide open
    100=max limit

What you set it to is a matter of preference and is directly related to how you have your truck set up. If you are having issues with it at 0 keeping the nose down on take offs and it wantst to wheelie all the time increasing punch control will help to remedy this. 13/54 seems a bit on the low side for a 2400kV motor. Most I see run at least 18 on the pinion some even higher. When I ran that combo I was running 19/50.

RC Racer
    I'm only running a 3800Kv SCT combo, but with a motor that big I'd set it for 70% or more just to preserve the drivetrain.
    Team Greyhound: the 40+ mph club

RC Qualifier
    I had it turned off and never had a problem. 13/54 is way low for that motor. Run at least 16 or 17 to see potential of that motor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by robdog View Post
    I had it turned off and never had a problem. 13/54 is way low for that motor. Run at least 16 or 17 to see potential of that motor

Same here, always had it at 0. Now when I chunked a 1512 2650 in it with a MMM I had it set to 40.

RC Competitor
    Ok igot 15t pinion that I will try and my slipper clutch is and 1/2 turn from tight so do I need to tighten it up more than that.

RC Champion
    General rule of thumb is 1/4 to 1/2 turn out. It should give for just a second on high power take offs on a high bite surface.

RC Qualifier
    If you learn throttle control, there is no need for punch control mmp 2400 is great. As far as gearing I think that stock 13/54 equals 17/52 mmp

RC Champion
    I run 25% on mine. It's hardly noticeable, but it's saved many a driveshaft for me.

RC Competitor
    so should I leave my slippers at a 1/2 a turn tight or should I move it to a 1/4 turn from tight

RC Qualifier
    1/2 turn might slip too much with all the extra torque. I always ran mine almost all the way tight. You will hear it screaming if it is too loose

RC Champion
    Rc115, that's up to you. I run mine at 1/3 turn loose. On the street, with 25% punch, 1/3 slipper, and proline trencher sc tires, I can floor it from a stop and it will go straight off the line like a rocket.

RC Champion
    I just tighten it fully, just until snug. Then take and go 1/4-1/3 out, perfect. I run 60% PC on 4s and just use throttle control. Sometime's I do like to do standing backflip's, so I turn the PC all the way up. Gotta love MIP Xduty's.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Competitor
    Ok I will try that out and get some mip-x duty's to