RC Champion

Best servo, running mamba monster 2200

Well the stock 2075 servo may have to go, ive been told and can't run the power I have (mamba 2200 4s,6s) that well, so in looking for a new servo. What should I go with? I was kinda looking at savox, but I want something waterproof, BUT IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE.
    SL4SH Mamba Monster-Rustler Mamba Max 2400kv

RC Qualifier
    I run the 2200 on 4s and 6s and have no issues at all running that servo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    Me either, but people said I should upgrade it, I like it tho. It's 20 bucks, waterproof and its decently quick
    SL4SH Mamba Monster-Rustler Mamba Max 2400kv

RC Qualifier
    check out JR servos. you will need a bec
    Racing in the Past, Present, and Future...MAYBE

RC Qualifier
    This is going to make me loose a couple of points.. But I've never really understood the BEC thing.. What exactly does it do and what are the pros' and cons' to not having one?
    Whatever I just said.. I'm probably wrong..

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by traxxasFTW View Post
    Me either, but people said I should upgrade it, I like it tho. It's 20 bucks, waterproof and its decently quick
    Agreed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by traxxasFTW View Post
    Well the stock 2075 servo may have to go, ive been told and can't run the power I have (mamba 2200 4s,6s) that well, so in looking for a new servo. What should I go with? I was kinda looking at savox, but I want something waterproof, BUT IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE.
    The stock servo runs fine on the MMM, the Savox most likely will not. The onboard BEC in castle ESCs are a bit on the weak side and cant support some high torque applications, espcially Savox. If you are going to get another get anything but Savox. They are loud, power hungry and do not center correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmySSG View Post
    This is going to make me loose a couple of points.. But I've never really understood the BEC thing.. What exactly does it do and what are the pros' and cons' to not having one?

Battery Eliminator Circuit.
    Pretty much a regualted DC output for the Rx, Servos lights and everything else but the motor. ESCs have an output that goes down the connection to the Rx. Problem is some ESCs onboard BEC are not robust enough to handle too much of a load, Castle is well know to be deficient in this dept. When going to some high torque servos its necessary to install and external BEC that is powered directly from the battery. Castle sells a 10amp model that is reasonably priced.

RC Racer
    I to agree that the 2075 is a good servo and it work pretty good on my street setup with MMM2200 on 5s. But at higher speeds the downforce created made it seem not up to the task. I ended up replacing it with a savox SC-1258TG servo, and without changing the internal bec setting the difference was night and day! Didnt realize the 2075 was even a big issue till i swaped it out.

Now on the waterproof side of things, when I converted my slash to MT, i wanted to go with WP stuff so I swapped the Savox out in favor of a Hitec HS-646WP high-voltage waterproof servo. At $45 bucks it was only $5 more then my LHS wanted for the 2075. Also added a CCBEC to bring the voltage up to 7.4v because at 6v it had about the same amount of torque as the 2075.

RC Racer
    I run the savox 1258TG too and I like it very much. I have a Spektrum BEC installed too... very speedy

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmySSG View Post
    An external BEC or "battery eliminator circuit" eliminates the need for your ESC's internal bec to power your receiver, which inturn powers your servos etc. Using one helps keep ESC temps down and pretty much eliminates any voltage drop to your receiver when the motor is drawing power causing servo glitching. Also with the Castle Creations BEC (CCBEC) the output voltage is adjustable up to 9 volts using the castlelink. You'll need it if you want to get the necessary 7.4v to a high-voltage servo.
    From what I can tell, there really are no cons to having one, Even if you run all stock electronics.