RC Competitor

Figured I'd make a thread, snap on revo

Figured I'd make a thread. Name is Ronny. Picked up a Snap on e revo brushless off ebay a month of so ago. Not new to rc's. Have a few revos, savages, rc8be, done up 1/16 revo, oval carpet cars. This hobby keeps me busy in the winter when I take a break from racing or my muscle cars.

It had
    Wheel bar
    traxxas cvd front and rear
    axial beadlocks with road rage 40 series
    2 2s hardcase lipo
    onyx dual charger
    Paid 500 for it shipped

Since I have got it
    Rpm front bumper
    Rpm front a frames
    Rpm true track rear with extended drive cups
    Dragonslayer fan
    Front/rear chassis brace
    Aluminum rear skid with tekno skid
    spektrum radio
    Lst 2 diff mod with ti gears/heavy duty cup/shimmed/diff blocks
    kershaw center dogbone kit
    24/54 gears
    2 3s 5000 40c lipo

pics from when i bought it, Have to get some current ones

Sweet Score.......
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Competitor
    I got the same one, LOVE IT....I'll get pics up soon... Really liking the wheels...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Looks nice!
    How do you like the gearing with the losi mod?

RC poster
    GOT ME ONE TOO with longerwheelbase aarrms the r racing axlaes and two lipos ill post some pics later

RC Competitor
    Haven't run the losi mod yet... Waiting on Kershaw center dogbone. I was running 21/54 with 40 series road rage 4s with no temp issues at all. Most say the losi mod loses 4 teeth on pinion. For that reason I went 3 more on pinion making 24/54 planning to run 5/6s and keep checking temps.

Nice looking truck mate ...I like the snap-on addition look .
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Competitor
    Thanks, A lot of my shop is full of snap on tools. Also when I was looking for a revo they were all around the same price. Kid wanted 650 buy it now on ebay for it. Offered him 500 outside of ebay to save the selling fees and he took it. He wanted an xo-1 so I made out I think. Truck was only used 2-3 times before I got it.

Even better is I sold an old demon carb and t-maxx on ebay to pay for it. Feels like it was free sort of.

RC poster
    I had one of those as well. Cost me $3700, and it came with a snap on kra roll cabinet, however I lost both as well as my tools when my work place caught fire and burnt to the ground, still have the body wrapped in shipping plastics.

RC Racer
    RacerKiller be sure you tell Dan Kershaw that you are doing the Losi Mod. It requires 2 of the 8mm bore Cups for the LST2 8mm Pinion and also you will need a shorter front dog bone. For the LST2 mod. And be patient because it seems the short dog bones are slow to get.
    If its not breaken then your not racing.

RC Competitor
    I ordered the kershaw axles for the losi mod. Said he mailed them the 7th, Contacted my on the 15th saying would another week before shipping. Over a month wait which I don't mind when there is contact letting me know whats going on.

Least I have other rc to bash and with a foot of snow outside wouldn't take the revo out anyways

RC Competitor
    Got the kershaw center dog bone kit yesterday in the mail. Got it installed along with the rest of my truck all back together. I will have to snap pictures and get some videos. Running it on 5s geared 24/54 40 series road rage tires. motor/esc/battery 100* across the board after a bunch of speed passes.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Good to hear your rolling and temps sound good!

RC Competitor
    Truck has been working great, I run 5s 5000 40c with no issue geared at 24/54 can wheelie at about any speed. Here are a few pictures of the truck from today.

I did make a thin piece of stainless on each for the front bulkheads where the Front and mid plate are. The strip is bolted under the skid plates.

RC Competitor

Not traxxas but I used an old traxxas battery clip/vent for the revo on my rc8be buggy has a scoop.

RC Champion
    those vent clips look sweet on the buggy!
    Its All relative to your perspective.

RC Competitor
    Thanks, The main reason I did it was 6s was to tall and kept hitting the front corner of the body, so by adding the scoop the corner of the battery sits up in it now, On the other side I am sure it has to let some air in to cool the motor

RC Competitor
    Are the road rages 40 series?

RC Competitor
    Yea, road rage 40 series mount on axial over sized beadlocks