RC Racer

Is my battery shot?

I have a traxxas 3s lipo 5000 mah. I haven't used it for like a month and a half and i just stored them like three weeks ago a little before christmas. So, today i charged them up and they went to like half full when it said full (guessing its because the storage mode already charges it half way?) When i went to use it my esc turned itself on automatically when i plugged in the battery usually i have to hit the button(stock esc). Then i rode it for like 30 seconds and it stopped and flashed slow red.(like the battery was dead). That happened on both my batterys. Do you guys think their toast?

Marshal
    If your ESC is turning on without direction, the problem is more likely with the ESC.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Racer
    u think my batteries are fine though?
    For my esc it sometimes stops and doesnt move until i move it then it moves again.

Marshal
    Unknown. There may be more than one problem. Where were the batteries stored and at what temperature?
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    Sounds like a problem with the esc I would suggest phoning traxxas directly and asking them, they will be able to provide lots of support because not only is it there esc its also there battery..

RC Champion
    Check the voltage on the batteries when it stops and the ESC flashes.
    Slow blinking red on the velineon is LVC.
    What the voltage is when it does this will tell if its the ESC or not. LVC is 6.4V for 2s
    Voltage low its not the ESC
    Voltate OK Like 6.8V or more it is the ESC

If low it could be the battery or the charger.
    If it was stored at the correct storage voltage you should have been able to plug them in and run for several minutes before hitting LVC. Lipos hold a charge for a very long time.

Check the voltage and let us know how you make out.

RC Racer
    Okay thank you
    I stored them at like 72 degrees