RC poster

upgrade emaxx 3908 with docking base to bluetooth?

ok I have a emaxx brushless 3908 with the non bluetooth TX that has the Apple docking station. What do I need to make my telemetry work with an android? I think I just need the bluetooth capable TX and the module that mounts into the TX, is there anything else?

Also can I add TSM by upgrading the RX at a later time? or would I need more parts?

thank you

If you have an iPhone, you can use the docking station without bluetooth.
    The bluetooth function eliminates the use of the docking station. And also gives Android users the ability to use the Traxxas app.
    If you just want to check on your motor temp and battery voltage. You don't need the expender unit.
    But if you wan't real GPS speed, you will need to get the expender unit, and GPS module.
    With the expender unit, you can add more sensors like extra temp sensors for your lipo batteries and what ever else you want to monitor.
    To monitor your battery voltage, you need to attach a wire to one of the positive ESC connectors, and attach it to the volts slot on the RX.
    Yes you can change to a TSM rx and not have to do anything else. The latest Traxxas app version gives you the option for TSM function. All you need is the TSM RX.
    https://traxxas.com/products/parts/t...y/tqitelemetry
    My RC Cycle:
    Build it, Drive it, Brake it.

RC poster
    ok thank you for the information. I looked into used iPones and can find 3's and 4's for about $50 bucks so buying a phone just to mount on the TX sounds like cheapest way to go. If I'm lucky I may even wind up with a donor from a friend that may have an old one in a drawer.

you said "Yes you can change to a TSM rx and not have to do anything else. The latest Traxxas app version gives you the option for TSM function. All you need is the TSM RX."

will the TSM RX work with my docking base TX and the iphone? I just want to make sure is wasn't the new TX only

thank you

ok update

I bought a iPhone 3gs for $30 from a local phone repair store, this will NO LONGER work unless you have one with the Traxxas Link app already installed....4s is the oldest model that apple will allow the app to install into

after talking to the helpful people at Traxxas support I found out they will upgrade my TX and my RX to Bluetooth and TSM for $67.50 exchange.......I'll still need the bluetooth module for the TX but that sounds like the best way to go to me

thank you for the help
    Last edited by cooleocool; 05-03-2016 at 09:11 AM. Reason: merge