RC poster

Roll Cage for MERV

So I did search a little bit on here and found a lot of people talking about cages but a lot of the links were broken and didn't work. I am looking for a nice cage for my MERV, does anyone have any suggestions other than the integy one? I don't hate that one, was just wondering if there was any other options for one. Thanks!

RC Qualifier
    I saw a steel one at my LHS but thought it was way to heavy, so I didnt bother. Id look for an aluminim one if I were you.
    E-REVO MMM - Stampede 4x4 6s/3s

New Era makes a decent cage... it is probably what I am going for if I go that route.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Champion
    I was just going to mention the New Era cage - simple, low and clean!

RC Qualifier
    Integy's steel roll cage is on the heavy side. So more weight being thrown around.

Steel will not bend as easily as aluminum though. Also consider the mounting points for the cage. Integy mounts to the chassy, New Era mounts to the shock towers. Correct me if I'm wrong, my thinking is the chassy can take more energy vs. the shock towers before something breaks. Especially if you have a full T-Bone skids.
    Mini Revo VXL 7107
    E-Maxx 3903 - He Lives!

RC Qualifier
    A long time ago in a galaxy far far away...
    Found this. No experience with it, though.
    http://www.rcboca.com/parts-accessor...roll-cage.html

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rossb600 View Post
    So I did search a little bit on here and found a lot of people talking about cages but a lot of the links were broken and didn't work. I am looking for a nice cage for my MERV, does anyone have any suggestions other than the integy one? I don't hate that one, was just wondering if there was any other options for one. Thanks!
    It doesn't need the roll cage. Reinforce the shell with shoe goo and drywall tape.
    And there he goes with the carbon...