RC Racer

Best Wheelie Bar for the money?

What is the best wheelie bar (or alternative) for the money? Don't want to spend a lot, but looking for something to help keep the nose down without getting in the way at other times. Don't want to keep replacing rear wings - for that matter, thinking about losing the rear wing when I put my new Raptor body on.
    Jeff

RC Champion
    cheapest is throttle control
    Welcome to Traxxas.com Yes, EVERYONE here IS a Pro Racer.... [/sarcasm]

RC Racer
    thanks Ken448!
    Jeff

RC Champion
    seriously, though. Ive considered a wheelie bar just to ride them out for longer. BUT they are big, bulky and I can see them easily getting broke or breaking whatever they are mounted to on a bad landing or cartwheel the Revo loves to do oh so much. Ive decided against it, and simply made it into a game. See if I can find the balance point and with throttle control, I can ride them out quite far every now and then on a smooth surface. If wheelies are a problem, you may want to consider a center diff with at least 50k in it. This will still allow wheelies, but make them more manageable!
    Welcome to Traxxas.com Yes, EVERYONE here IS a Pro Racer.... [/sarcasm]

you could strap a heavy bolt to the front like 50 did. or try fishing sinkers.
    Whatever you are, be a good one.

RC Racer
    Good point about the cartwheels - I had already thought about it getting in the way for other bashing.

I'm really torn on how I feel about this rig. I've got it and a 4x4Slash (1/10) for bashing - me and my 8 year old. He likes the revo better, and throttle control with an 8 year is a little tricky... of course it could be a good thing because we also race VTA, and keeping the dirty side down with the revo should help make him a better racer in terms of learning better throttle control.

I'm thinking I'll agree... The $15-$20 for a wheelie bar could probably be better spent on a 2 cell lipo that would also tone down the wheelies (when you don't want them) and help with run time for bashing.

Thanks again (and this time I'm serious - LOL)
    Jeff

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Check out the Hopper bar on ebay. Single wheel best bar I have ever used and tough! I have done 60+ MPH cartwheeled and it didn't break. With other styles you need to remove them for off roading

RC Qualifier
    center diff.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken448 View Post
    seriously, though. Ive considered a wheelie bar just to ride them out for longer. BUT they are big, bulky and I can see them easily getting broke or breaking whatever they are mounted to on a bad landing or cartwheel the Revo loves to do oh so much. Ive decided against it, and simply made it into a game. See if I can find the balance point and with throttle control, I can ride them out quite far every now and then on a smooth surface. If wheelies are a problem, you may want to consider a center diff with at least 50k in it. This will still allow wheelies, but make them more manageable!
    I keep hearing about a center diff, what is meant by this?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    It replaces a gear in the transmission sending more power to the front tires and mellows out the punch of the car. Good for racing on a track or when you want to reduce wheelies
    I never liked them in mine

RC Qualifier
    My vote is for the t-bone, but I am a fan of the center diff as well.

RC Qualifier
    Ive been running the traxxas one in all sorta of conditions and have no complaints about it. It very simple to add and remove for different conditions if you want.
    MERV VXL + Rally VXL + Stampede Xl5

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Unless you run the t bone then its a pain! Still hate those Philip head screws!

RC Qualifier
    The Traxxas one is great or a center diff.
    And there he goes with the carbon...

RC Champion
    ditto to MooseSlash - I installed my center diff and removed my wheelie bar all together. for bashing, I love the center diff! I dont race, so I cant speak to that.

With the stock wheelie bar, if you hit the rear hard, it will pull the screws out of the rear bulkhead where the lower bracket for the wheelie bar installs - thus, tearing the rear of the car apart to replace the bulkheads.

My vote - Center differential