RC Qualifier

Traxxas Tubes Toe Links and Questions??

SO I broke a Rear Toe Link a couple weeks ago and I found some Tubes for around $17 each set and Bought them.
    I bought a Rear set and Front Set and It seems strange to me that the Front ones to be set at correct Toe have to be Unthreaded so much out of Ends.
    Is it normal to have about maybe 1/2 of the threads showing or could my Pivot Balls be not set correctly causing the Knuckles to be to wide?
    I am wondering where other people have the Tubes set Approx.
    I was thinking about moving or Bringing the Knuckles back in but I find it starts affecting my ability to Turn from Stop to stop as would be called on a standard Vehicle. at the current setting I have great Turning Range and do not want to lose that unless it would possibly cause me some problems with my Tubes Pulling out of the Ends at the current setting.
    if you would like a pic let me know, or heck I will just get a couple Just to show ya anyway.

As you can see the rear ones here are no where close to being Unthreaded so far and I made sure to make both ends equal or as close to it as possible.

So here is what I have let me know if this looks normal to anyone.
    T-Maxx 3.3 :)

RC Qualifier
    I have the same issue and the same concerns you have. I havent put them to the test yet.
    I'm thinking of trying the long RPM rod ends if there is a problem. They can be trimmed to
    fit if they're too long.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/RPM-Long-Hea...item51a47b0c5c
    Bash, Crash, Upgrade, Repeat..

RC Qualifier
    Ok Thanks for the Info I will be sure to keep the info if I find some Issues.
    I will be sure to mention if I have any adverse effects, If you seen any of my Videos you know I have a Tendancy to roll a few times and Sometimes land upright so I can keep driving, One side effect of Doing Quite Steep hill climbing and Misc jumping etc.
    I am sure the way I drive I will test the heck out of them for sure lol.

One thing I did notice though adjusting them is they are Quite Snug in the Ends and it takes a bit of Force to adjust so I am thinking they may hold up quite fine at least for awhile anyway.
    Last edited by spudler_t; 01-14-2013 at 11:59 AM.

RC Champion
    As long as you have a reasonable amount of threads in the ball ends and the rod you should be fine

RC Qualifier
    I added Pics to show how much threads were showing was the pictures good enough to give you an Idea to compare with say what You may have showing on yours?

BTW the Blue RPM arms are the Front and the Black ones with the Blue aluminum Bulkheads are the back FYI.
    I know the stock ones had hardly any Showing as a matter of fact I was worried that I could not get Zero (0) Degree Toe in with teh stock ones due to them being so far in the Ends.
    The rear was no problem since they recommend running 1 Degree or so Toe in, which is SO funny seeing how the rear Tubes have hardly any Threads showing at 1 Degree or more possibly Toe in yet at Zero (0) Toe in on teh front I have 1/8th to Possibly 1/4" of the Threads showing.
    I think the Threads are about 1" long so I guess 3/4" is pretty good amount of Threads inside still. Plus it does have a Amazingly Well Designed and Functioning Servo Saver now I just have to worry about Landing Funky as to where I max out the Steering Travel ( S far as the Linkage and the Servo goes) and putting too much Stress on the Threads although I never broke a front Link and These are spec'd to be much stronger. I am sure I am probably Stressing something that is Insignificant and I shouldn't even be concerning myself with but Id rather be safe then sorry ya Know.

RC Champion
    You might be able to find longer ends or better yet, adjust the pillow ball suspension further in and then readjust everything else accordingly. You pillow ball suspension may be too far out. you really can't tell in the pictures. they should be tightened almost all the way to the arms leaving maybe 1/8 clearance.
    Maxx3.3/ rusty5700/ slash3800/ slash5700 /4tec3.3

RC Champion
    Try screwing your pillow balls in more, they're should be a thread or two exposed on your pillow balls.

If your pillow ball retainers are too tight it can cause steering to bind
    Some RPM long rod ends can fix that too!