RC poster

Mip x-duty rear drive shafts

just a quick question, if i got these mip x-duty rear drive shafts, would they be okay to run with the stock gears and pinions? or would i need metal? (i only run 2s lipos with my pede 4x4)

Stock gears and pinions are fine!
    Slash 4x4
    Stampede 4x4

RC Qualifier
    +1 good to go
    Summit, ERBE X2, 4pdes, 2pdes, etc lol

RC poster
    I would search for the ones with stub axel pins in the wheel hex. The ones i have has the nub screw in the hex and it wont stay tight at all... Because of that i keep stripping wheels

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Pede4x4 7 View Post
    just a quick question, if i got these mip x-duty rear drive shafts, would they be okay to run with the stock gears and pinions? or would i need metal? (i only run 2s lipos with my pede 4x4)
    Stock gears and pinions. You don't want a metal spur. That's the designed in weaker link so you don't break much more expensive parts in the event something goes wrong.
    By the way NS11, I have pinned MIPs on the back and recently tried every vendor on ebay to find a set of pinned front axles. They've been history for too long and nobody has any left. I've got the front ones on with the 12 mmhexes and no problems yet. This weekend the MIP 17mm adapters go on with my 3.2 Revolvers and tractor type treads. These have the bigger hex with grub screws, but they also have the slots in them for pins. Problem is, the new axles don't have a hole for a pin so I can only do that on the old back ones.

RC poster
    It could be that I am running stock talons on slippery surfaces that is causing my wheels to strip. I been trying to but better tires but my LHS seems to be limited for a lot of thing that I want.

Just make sure you put them together well using good tools and red threadlock and make sure the grub screws sit well in the dips in the pins .....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by NS11 View Post
    It could be that I am running stock talons on slippery surfaces that is causing my wheels to strip. I been trying to but better tires but my LHS seems to be limited for a lot of thing that I want.
    You might be on to something there NS. The slip/grab/jerk thing is going to put a lot of force on the wheel hexes. Talons are fine for pavement, but Trenchers are better on any other surface. The difference is HUGE. I can wheelie on dirt on a straightaway with Trenchers. You ain't gonna do that with Talons.