Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Merc Motorsports View Post
    Well guys add me to the long list.
    My son and I were in the middle of a good run racing side by side. Then suddenly I noticed my car did not respond when trying to bring it back to the starting line. I looked down and NO GREEN light on my transmitter. I thought nothing of it at first, just thinking it was the batteries or the battery linkage. I took my batteries out and checked them with my sons radio transmitter, they worked fine. I then took the side cover off to check the battery linkage... No luck there either. So then I took out the original base thinking it could be the TQi Docking Base.... NOT! It still didn't work. GRRRRR!

We got these for Christmas and this was the first time out racing our new Traxxas Funny Cars, and the DTS1 timing system. Thank Goodness we were on our last pass of the day.
    HELP!!!!
    The updates to the radio WILL brick it. So if you have the iPod docking base, DONT UPDATE. Get an airtronics MT4. 90% of the people at my race track run it. It will last you forever. My friend had one for 3 years and it still works like new. Don't get spektrum because it glitches

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Go Traxxas, Team Associated, and Losi!

RC Qualifier
    At least I had a spare radio. Being 11 yrs old and having autism I flipped out and bought an airtronics MT4. Never could be happier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Just checking with everyone. I know I haven't had any trouble lately with my TQI and this thread has gone about 1.5 months without a post... Has Traxxas fixed this issue???

RC Qualifier
    No. It's still a problem.

RC poster
    Well that stinks :/

RC poster
    I bought a Slash 4x4 6808 model at BestBuy.ca and i don't know how old this model is but after 2 weekends having fun the TQi transmitter doesn't turn on for no apparent reason. Another "no green light on the Traxxas transmitter" problem. I don't have the docking base so it's not about how you hookup an iPod and render its useless with the update. I have a normal one and it still dies on me. I pay hard-earned money for this product just to have fun with it and now i have to pay another fee for shipping this transmitter back to Traxxas for repair/replacement only after 3 weeks use from Toronto, Canada to USA. This is a big joke. I have a ten year old transmitter and it's still as good as new.

I don't mind replacing broken parts with the car/truck if I break it. But come on Traxxas, transmitter dies for no apparent reasons and don't tell me to check the batteries and the wire harness. You should recall all your new TQi transmitter and replace with something that's reliable in the first place.

Not very happy with the product atm. I don't know how "WELL" Traxxas stands behind its products but making you pay another fee to ship it back to its headquarter in USA doesn't seem "well" at all to me. Some companies have RMA number with UPS/Fedex shipping code if their products are faulty.

In short, summing up a review on your slash 4x4 #6808 or any other models with TQi transmitter is "FUN IF IT CAN RUN"
    Last edited by Double G; 07-15-2014 at 08:43 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Add me to the list!
    I have spent a few thousand dollars on traxxas.
    So i guess its time to spend another $50 out of my own pocket, to fix a traxxas blunder.
    My RC Cycle:
    Build it, Drive it, Brake it.

RC poster
    mine is still under warranty so had to spend extra 20 bucks to get it shipped back to US headquarter to have it repaired/replaced... otherwise I wouldn't send it in for repair. If not under warranty cover, I'd rip it apart to show you guys why it fails. Besides with 50 dollars you can get some other transmitter + receiver like FlySKy GT3B or Chinese made
    RadioLink RC3S.
    In the meantime I search up and down the schematic of TRaxxas tqi transmitter with model #65xx. The best documentation is from FCC showing the pictures of the circuit board. There's a COM port shown the pictures which is good sign.

RC Qualifier
    I pulled mine apart and tested it with a multi meter. And everything is getting power. No signs of damage or burned out boards.
    Maybe the LED light has blown, and maybe the LED is what supplies some sort of earth to the rest of the controller. And because the LED has failed. The controller, no longer has a connected circuit. But Idk. I'm only guessing.
    My RC Cycle:

RC Racer
    Twice for me !!! It is wired I haven't any problems with my TQ's that I run without the docking base. Only when I use the base has The TQ fried. I threw the first one away cuz I thought it was a fluke. I'm sending this 2nd back.
    MJB

RC Qualifier
    I have a TQi "Bluetooth" version on the way. It uses a Bluetooth module to connect to any Portable Bluetooth device. Instead of using the docking base. Make sure it comes with the Module, and not just Bluetooth enabled controller.

I also ordered just the top half of the TQi, to replace the "No light" one. Cheaper then buying the docking base again.
    Then i will have 2 TQi controllers. One will be Bluetooth, the other will be the Docking Base.
    My RC Cycle:

Count me in also! In June I had a controller that was stuck red and green. I just had one that won't turn on. Two TQI's in four months
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Turnbuckle Jr. mwe-maxxowner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ausprime View Post
    I pulled mine apart and tested it with a multi meter. And everything is getting power. No signs of damage or burned out boards.
    Maybe the LED light has blown, and maybe the LED is what supplies some sort of earth to the rest of the controller. And because the LED has failed. The controller, no longer has a connected circuit. But Idk. I'm only guessing.
    Couldn't that be tested by jumping the wires to the light?
    460, straightpipes, buried throttle, nuff said :D

RC poster
    This same thing happened to me this month. Traxxas states that this is a very rare problem they have been having
    And the best thing to do is send it in to traxxas and they will reflash the radio and send it back. What it is the radio is a computerized transmitter, it runs off of a code. When this code becomes corrupt (ie few missing during an update of firmware while using traxxas link app) the radio practically loses it's mind and stays off until it has been reflashed. I live in Canada, I sent my radio in at the end of last month and just got it back today so downtime for me was two and a half weeks!! Not bad

I don't think that tells the whole story. Mine happened during the middle of an all day track session. I was using an old iPod touch with no data connection or wifi connection whatsoever. It was working like clockwork. Stop to work on the truck, and bam, no tx. Good thing I keep an old am radio and receiver in my bag, juuuuust in case.

RC poster
    Mine is a brick out of the box, :-( that's why I'm here. Reading the thread. My first real buggy and I can't even drive it!

RC Enthusiast
    Add me to the list of dead TQI's.. except mine is the new Bluetooth module version.. turned it on and within less than 5 minutes the green light went off and I couldn't turn it back on.. Frustrating...

RC Qualifier
    Brand new traxxas tqi Bluetooth 6507x. I bought this with the telemetry expander, gps module, temp sensors and voltage sensors. The transmitter was working for a few minutes then just quit. I'm really mad. I just spent a bunch of cash on this whole setup. I'm glad it didn't happen while running and caused a wreck. But after reading this thread I'm blown away it's such a problem that's been going on for so long.
    Land, Sea & Air, A true RC Addict

RC poster
    <-- another member of the "no light" club .. ive seen way too many post on this particular issue.. it shouldnt be a problem anymore...i do hope traxxas will fix this when i send it in...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Oh man!! you guys are scaring me lol. I just got mine and (knock on wood) still turns on.

On a different topic.... I'd like to know when they will release Android app?
    humay has left the building, peace.

RC Qualifier
    Well mines been sent back to traxxas. Should arrive at traxxas today there in Texas. I hope they fix it or replace it ASAP. Because I planned on tagging the new radio system in my YouTube videos to give them some free advertising. I tend to give props to the people I buy things from to support them if they do right by me.
    Land, Sea & Air, A true RC Addict

Well I am going to be sending Traxxas back a box of three! I have had two crash today! One was never used! I need to find another 2.4ghz transmitter. These are garbage! I hope when I get them back from Traxxas they at least work.

RC Qualifier
    Add me to the list. I spent the extra $$ the first time for a 3 channel so if I ever decided to use it on a nitro I could have reverse.

Bought a replacement 2 channel since I never even got to use the 3rd channel the first time.

I was also in the middle of driving ,no problems, using an ipod touch w wifi shut off. I thought for sure the transmitter batteries had died...... NOPE!!!

I was way past warantee but if they can reflash it...... perhaps its worth a phone call.

Well I got them back. They are in working order. I have even sold one. Still afraid of them failing on me again.

RC poster
    One more disappointed with the Traxxas TQI Radio. Come out today to drive a bit with my Rustler VXL and Jato TQI using dock Station .
    I drove a tank with Jato then gone drive the Rustler to wait for the Jato's engine to cool and make the heat exchange .... ,after draining the battery of Rustler refuelled Jato , turned the TQI radio on and NOTHING ...
    I changed the battery pack with the Rustler Radio just to double check the battery and worked normally.
    I returned the pack to the TQI Jato's radio and nothing, the radio is dead. No green light ... nothing ...
    The worst is I'm from Brazil, and get support here is simply impossible ...
    Greatly appreciate a help from Traxxas to solve my problem. My Jato is MINT is only breaking in the engine strictly following the manual.
    Sorry my poor english ...

RC Racer
    I called Traxxas, after killing 3 transmitters. They told me to put my phone into airplane mode while its docked. Are you using a IPhone or IPod ?
    MJB

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by baughler10 View Post
    I called Traxxas, after killing 3 transmitters. They told me to put my phone into airplane mode while its docked. Are you using a IPhone or IPod ?
    Using an Ipod Touch ....

RC poster
    Now i'm trying to bind the Jato receiver and my 2238 transmitter (Rustler VXL) and the TX goes green light but the RX stills red blinking ....
    Yesterday before the TX shut up, the software went into an automatic update and went to the end ....; does this matter about this issue ??

Have found that the transmitter and the receiver are not compatible ....
    Last edited by skyburnner; 11-16-2014 at 06:18 AM.

RC poster
    Late, but I'm convinced that my radio did not burn, he caught after this software update.
    Tomorrow I will contact support and see what they say about ...

RC Racer
    Are you saying the ESC is blinking red ?
    MJB

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by sideshow View Post
    for some of us its not that easy to send it to traxxas as to pay for postage is nearly same price as buying another transmitter from ebay or somewhere
    its so silly that here in Australia there is a traxxas head office but if your controller stuffs up you need to send it to the usa,
    and after speaking to afew hobby shops I know they are very angry that the hobby shop have to return so much traxxas parts
    like esc and mmm motors and now tqi controllers at their expense
    I bought a new erevo very first start up it would not work so I went back to hobby shop and they removed my esc sent it to traxxas Australia then traxas Australia sent it to usa then usa sent traxxas Australia a new esc then traxas Australia sent my hobby shop a new esc now if I did that in my live of work I would go broke because my erevo was out of action for 2 months while the esc got a trip around the world hehehe
    anyway my main rant is y have a traxxas head office in Australia when the crap parts still have to be sent to usa which just adds 50 dollars in freight and 3 weeks in travel time
    good thing is now I have a mugen and my erevo is collecting dust in broken pieces
    just remember that its not real easy to just send stuff back for repairs for anyone that's not in the usa
    I know the people on the phone at traxxas are very helpful but I just don't understand the way they work and y have a head office in australia that cant fix or repair stuff
    Atleast you got a Traxxas Australia to go to, I've spent the last six months trying to get a new tx in India, there is a dealer / distributor here but they couldn't help, finally managed to get a new one from Dubai albeit a 4 channel one and I ll never try connecting my I phone again.

RC Enthusiast
    Waited 6 months to get hold of a new tx for my e maxx b/l since no aftersales service etc available in India although there is a dealer/distributor here, had to get a new tx from dubai, could only get the 4 channel one, have sworn never to connect to I phone again...

RC poster
    I'll get on the list too. I don't remember when I bought my 4 Channel w/ Docking base, but I can say I've gone through about 6 of them. All to mysterious outages, never caused by me. I go to pick it up one day and it just doesn't work. I only seem to get about 6 months out of each one. Luckily when I call them and explain my problem, they cant even figured out what happened to it. So they send me out another right away. I have about 6 cars with a TQ receiver along with some telemetry. Just too expensive to try and change radios after all that.

I have read someone say that the issue is a wire that comes loose from one of the connectors. I wanna say he said the antenna wire. Said he reattached it and it was good to go. I wish I had saved the text now. I have a good mind to disassemble my old faulty one and check everything again.

RC poster
    Add me to the list. Just bought slash ultimate. Tried to update the firmware. An error occurred closed the controller and it never turned on again green light gone. I have called the support they told me that they need to reset/flash my controller but I am working in Azerbaijan !!! 12000 miles away??!! there shoul be a better way to do it ?? Any ideas?? I donot want to bu another controller because I wanted to use telemetry

My best advice is just to order another from dollarhobbyz if they can ship to you. Would be about 25$. Either that, or wait and send it in . I wish there was a way to refladh them ourselves.

RC poster
    I understand that but I think this is a design fault. There should be a reset/flash button or an access to the controller (like USB port).I can not reset the controller myself??! Why?? If your car has a problem do you ship it back to factory? No!! Do you ship your BMW or MERCEDES to Germany? No ??!! you can or a technician can solve the problem. I can not understand that . I do not want to spend 20$ ~ 40$ for a new controller. Anyway I have send an e-mail to the support guys. Waiting for a response. Thanks for the advice though.

I agree. Since this is so common, I wish we could do the fix ourselves. Or link it to a pc and download a file or something.

I just bought another, which costed me less than having the old one repaired.

RC poster
    In conclusion:

If your green light dies your controller dies and it comes back to life where it was born, in factory.

In my opinion it is a fatal flaw that there is no access to the controllers bios. It can only be accessed by the factory. I have talked with traxxas technicians in my country also in the country I worked, every one of them told me that they can do absolutely nothing