RC Qualifier

110kph Summit! muhahaha

i just tried 6s in my mm2 summit for the first time and i got it doing 110kph. With trenchers and 23/68 gearing. Ran on pavement and grass for half hr and no overheating worked great. even does 95kph on grass.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by MotherRocker View Post
    i just tried 6s in my mm2 summit for the first time and i got it doing 110kph. With trenchers and 23/68 gearing. Ran on pavement and grass for half hr and no overheating worked great. even does 95kph on grass.
    Yup, Erevo on 6s does 65, summit with bigger tires can do 70

RC Qualifier
    only problem is when i hit like 80kph and give it alil more throttle the truck flips right over.you need along run up to get that fast cuz u need to accelerate slowly. I got it up to 95kph on grass lol which is fun. I find 23/68 gearing is perfect it goes super fast and never geta to hot. I actually wana gear down but my pinion is seized on. Prolly cuz i had to use red thread locker cuz i was out of blue and cuz its rusted alil bit.Im gonna try taking a soldering iron to heat it up and last resort il cut it off.Im thinking i might just leave it lol .on my new 5200ma lipos 3s im getting over a hour of run time which is huge cuz i only got like 25mins on my 4000ma 2s venom lipos. I think cuz i would always go full throttle with the 2s cuz it was 70kph but the 3s i can never get close to full speed so i guess they arnt being taxed nearly as much ( i just give it one-third throttle and im going 70kph) so thats why i assume they last much longer. Anyone who says 3s will just break ur truck is wrong cuz my truck wheelies just as much on 2s and 3s just makes u go faster but as long as u have finger control there shouldnt be any difference in how hard u are on your truck cuz its the sudden jolts that are hard on it.

RC Qualifier
    95 klicks on grass?? That's amazingly fast for a big Summit, it must be a sight to see!

Do you ever use low speed or always high speed, and are your diffs holding up ok?

RC Qualifier
    it goes faster in low gear now then a stock summit went in high gear.Yes i use it for both, when im climbing curbs or going offroad i use low gear cuz then u have zero cogging. And my diffs are fine the summit can handle brushless power prolly alot better then almost any other rc out on market. Dumb people who dont know anything say summit isnt meant to handle brushless when it completely is. its the same platform as the erevo and as long as u dont drive in high with diffw locked ur totally fine.I never use my diffs unless i cant make it over something and i turn off right after. Ive prolly put about 100hrs on my truck and ive only had one diff failure in rear and that was cuz i had rock crushers on and i let my little nephew drive it in low gear and he floored it and flipped the truck right over. That broke the spider gears but thats mostly just cuz i had super huge tires on it and u cant floor it when big tires on it in low. But with trenchers i pull wheelies all day long and tear it up and never have problem. i use it every day for over year and i have very few breakages and when i do its not a breakage that ever stops me from driving still. Like a light wire pulls out or something small. Never any drive line failures. Never broke the half shaft axles they are bullet proof but the only thing u should upgrade when going brushless in summit is the center driveshaft.The plastic one is good but with all the torque if u try pulling skmething heavy you could turn it into a pretzel. So i put the traxxas steel one in.
    Last edited by MotherRocker; 12-20-2014 at 02:23 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Really? Hmmm I've always wanted a Summit, its the coolest of all the RC's but it was just too slow after having a Slash4 and Stampede4, but with a brushless setup like you have it sounds awesome!

Interesting you say you have no cogging with the motor in low gear - there must still be cogging but is it not noticeable cuz the motor has to be turning pretty quick before it moves? Was thinking of getting a sensored setup but they are pricey and I'm not into rock crawling so if you say the MM2 has minimal cogging then I prob don't need a sensored motor.

I wonder how much I could get for a brand new 775 with ESC?

RC Qualifier
    Maybe 90 bucks