RC Champion

Joining the summit crowd

Just got my summit today. Man gotta love this thing. After resetting the speed control and getting the steering centered and servos not fighting each other. This thing will go any ware

Welcome to the Summit Club! And your right, the Summit REALLY can go anywhere! I havn't found anywhere my Summit can't go, execpt to school with me...
    2SummitE/TmaxxVillainSlash2&4SlayerPndeAtonXMaxx

RC Champion
    ya got to love it... only had a few tweaks to do when i got it... had to reset the speed control as it was only going about 1/2 speed.. and the steering was far from centered and servos were fighting themselves..

RC poster
    Hi guys, as I type this my Summit 1/10 is on its way. I'm hoping its not too intimidating for a summit newbie, my question as to not screw anything up is, do you folks recommend any specific tweaking on anything right out of the box ? Any tuning needed prior to enjoying the beast ?
    any tips appreciated
    thanks

RC Champion
    Go over everything make sure it is tight. Adjust servos according to manual especially steering. Never seen a steering setup properly adjusted from factory

RC poster
    ok great thank you Crock,,, dont mean to seem oblivious but feel better asking about this truck,

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
    Welcome to the Summit Club! And your right, the Summit REALLY can go anywhere! I havn't found anywhere my Summit can't go, execpt to school with me...
    I've seen some incredible videos,, almost unbelievable, I cant wait to get this truck and begin setting it up and running it.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 02-01-2016 at 06:48 PM.

RC Competitor
    Concur with checking the steering servo alignment right out of the box! I've had mine for over 2 years now and it has been so much fun. This truck does everything!
    Telluride, Slash 4x4, Summits and X Maxx and Aton

RC Enthusiast
    buikkid, first thing you should do is replace the rear shock springs with double orange springs (like the font shock springs) and that somewhat reduces the rear squat issue. You might also want to mess around with the shock preload too because it's very soft out of the box. The rest is really up to you and what you want to do with the truck.

I've had mine for 2 years now and I can say with confidence that it is the most capable trail truck on the market and I've run with pretty much all the other trail truck types and Summit competitors out there.
    Last edited by goliath; 02-10-2016 at 02:29 AM.
    Aton
    Summit DeWalt 820 14.4v

RC poster
    Got my summit 1/10 and having a blast with it.! Maybe need some uppgrading on the speed side but i'm loving it just the way it is.
    Edit: after few rounds of fun i decided to get lipo batts and heftyer tires.
    Last edited by Luuttu; 02-10-2016 at 03:05 PM.